Ch. 43 - "Miss me?"

"PICK UP 4; THE COLOR IS YELLOW," I said to Brent with a smirk

He picked up four cards out of the deck, sighing. If you couldn't tell, we were playing Uno.

It was just Brent, Nick, Elliot, Micheal,  Dad, and me playing the game. The twins didn't want to play, and the girls are not here.

So far, Elliot and Dad are close to winning unlike the rest of us. I have at least ten cards, Nick has a whole stack, Brent has a little bit more than me, and Micheal has eight cards.

"Why would you do yellow?" Dad asked, scanning through his cards.

Undoubtedly he doesn't have a yellow.

Hehe.......

Brent laid down a yellow two, and Nick laid down a green two. Elliot laid down a green six, and Dad threw a green reverse onto the table meaning it was back to Elliot.

He threw a green six, and Dad threw a red six. Micheal picked up a card from the stack, meaning that it was my turn now.

I had three reds, and I threw down a red eight.

It went like that for a while until Elliot threw down his last card.

"Haha! I won!" Elliot exclaimed.

"What?! How?!" Nick and Brent said at the same time.

"Good job," I said, putting my cards down.

"Thanks, Cam," Elliot thanked me.

"I don't understand how you won," Nick said, looking at the cards.

"Nick is being a sore loser," Micheal said with a smirk.

"No, I'm not," Nick argued, pouting.

"Boys," Dad said as he shuffled the cards.

"I'm hungry," I said, standing up from my chair.

"I'll come with you," Brent said, following me into the kitchen.

I opened the fridge, looking for something to eat. I quickly shut it when I saw nothing good to eat. I twirled around to the pantry, and I opened the door.

I grabbed a bag of goldfish, and I shut the door. Brent was standing at the end of the counter, watching me with amused eyes.

"Goldfish? Nice choice," Brent said, gesturing to my snack.

"Why thank you," I said, walking past him. I sat on the stool before opening the bag. Brent sat beside me, and he held his hand out in front of me with puppy dog eyes.

"No, this is my food. Go get your own," I whined, holding the bag closer to me.

"Please, I just want a couple," Brent replied, give me the pouty look.