Date?

Tord drummed his fingers on the steering wheel waiting for the light to change. He glanced at Tom "What happened Tom, you left way earlier than you were supposed to" Tord interrogated studying Tom. Tom looked down at his shoes and remained quiet. Tord reached over and put his hand on Tom's "Look at me" he requested. Tom looked at Tord "You can tell me anything Thomas, I don't care what it is I will always love you and nothing will ever change my mind" he added. Tom's eyes welled up with tears and the car behind them beeped, Tord quickly put his foot on the gas and sped across the intersection.

    Tord drove past the house and Tom blinked and his tears vanished. "Tord you passed the house" Tom informed. "I know Tom, I'm taking you somewhere" Tord replied with a smile. Tord pulled up to an Ice cream shop that wasn't too far from the house. "Ice cream, my treat," Tord told Tom with a warm smile that made Tom's stomach flutter. Tom and Tord got out and walked up to the Ice cream shop Tord held the door open for Tom and Tom smiled and walked inside.

  "Thank you, my good sir," Tom said gratefully. Tord nodded and then walked in after Tom. Tom was already starting to feel better, just being with Tord made everything better. Tord got mint chocolate chip ice cream and Tom got chocolate. The ice cream place was dead so they decided to sit at the table by the large windows at the front of the shop. The sun was just beginning to set and the sunlight flooded into the window. 

      Tom licked his ice cream and then looked out the window. Tord looked at Tom "You look really good today Tom" Tord said trying to start up a conversation. Tom turned his head and looked at Tord "So I look bad every other day?" Tom asked raising an eyebrow. "No....er...you look good every day I was just-" he explained nervously. Tom chuckled "I was joking Tord, thank you," he said with a smile. Tord laughed also, feeling relieved he'd thought Tom was being serious at first.

      With Tom, it was hard to tell when he was joking and when he wasn't. Tord had known him for a long time and still hadn't fully figured him out. "Thank you for the ice cream, by the way, I'll pay you back later" he added. "No need," Tord said quickly waiting for him to protest. "Tord I will pay you back mark my words," Tom told him glaring at him playfully. 

    Tord chuckled "Oh hush Jehovah," he said glaring back at him. They finished their ice cream and then headed home. When they were walking out the door getting ready to get into Tord's car Tom pulled Tord by the hood of his hoodie. Tom released his hoodie and Tord turned to face him "What was that fo-" Tord started but Tom cut him off with a kiss. Tord closed his eyes and kissed Tom back. Tom pulled back and whispered "Told you I'd pay you back" before getting into the passenger side of Tord's car.