Easy come Easy go

Start from the beginning

          "Why, what's so important about that ship?"

          "Because I know a guy that really wants parts off of that ship and he said if I brought him one, he would be willing to trade for the side panel I need to repair, the one with the dent in the back and few extra parts he got his hands on." I explained lying big time and keeping a straight face while doing it. "You and I both know, I can use as many parts as I can for my ship, she's a classic, I gotta keep her working or I don't have a job and I can't bring you what you want." He nodded

         "That's true, but why just the Razor Crest? There are far better ships sitting out there that are worth far more in a trade." He suggested "Why not take one of them instead?"

          "Look, all I know is the guy specially said Razor Crest parts for the trade." I pointed over at it. "And there's one sitting right over there, dead in the water." I leaned in a bit, "Let me take it off your hands, get it out of here."

He sat back in his chair and took a deep breath as he crossed his arms across his chest. He paused for a bit, before he finally asked. "How did you know it was here?"

          "A couple of scumbags on the X'nix Space Station were talking about a Razor Crest that got jacked a couple of days ago and that it was heading this way to break out some prisoner, I don't care about who he was trying to break out." I smiled. "You and I both know, you weren't about to let it get that close before you would fry the electrical system and all I would have to do is hook up and off I go. One last ship for you to worry about." 

He grinned as he 'Hmm.' "Do you know who supposedly owns that ship?" he asked a little skeptical.

           "No, why would I?" I looked at him.

          "A Mandalorian owns that ship, at least that's what the report says. I'm sure he's gunna be looking for it."

          "What's a Mandalorian?" I looked confused at him as I shrugged my shoulders. 

          "You don't know what a Mandalorian is?" he asked confused.

           "Dude, seriously? I'm not from this sector and I haven't been out here since before you added all the extra security, how would I know what a Mandalorian is and why would I even give a shit."

          "You should, I hear they're dangerous. they're tall man, dressed in all armor, wears a helmet, probably carrying some advanced weaponry, pretty good fighters. You haven't seen anyone like that have you?"

I shook my head slowly as I pretended to think, then looked at him. "As a matter of fact I have, a few weeks back, he was painted with red and green had some striping on him? Is that the guy?"

          "Not the same one, according to the report this one would be all in silver, head to toe." He shook his head. 

          "Then nope, haven't seen that one. But you think he's the owner of that particular ship?"

          "Probably." He nodded again. "Probably not, who knows for sure. But if we have it in our possession then we might be able to get him." He added "He has a huge bounty on his head and his armor alone? It's worth a lot of credits, a person could retire on it."

          "Well, I don't give a crap about this Mandolin." I miss spoke it on purpose. "I just want the ship, so maybe you should let me have it, so I can get the hell outta here just in case he does show up." I suggested. He humm again as he sighed once more.

          "I'll tell you what, I'll make you a deal. I'll give you one more security code and you bring me Tora Na and you can have that ship for parts, it's not worth anything more than that anyway." He leaned forward in the seat. "And I want the Mul-rak pilot for child smuggling and endangerment. He claimed he had some kid on board that was very valuable and every one was looking for it." He smiled. "But we scanned the ship and only found one heat signature, so he's probably lying. But still we don't trade children for prisoners, its unethical." I did what I could not to show any emotion or any worry. I smiled instead to hide it. 

Mando looked agitated, as Lane walked up to stop him from going around the corner. She shook her head at him and brought her finger up to her mouth to hush him. I continued as I sighed deeply. 

          "That's because he wasn't talking about a real child. He was talking about..." I glanced behind me and leaned in a bit more motioning for him to do that same thing. "An unopened bottle of Arkanion Whiskey, Even I call it 'My baby'." I whispered. "Think about it, He said it was very valuable and everybody is looking for it? It's that bottle."

          "There's a bottle of Arkanion Whiskey on board that ship?" He whispered back, so no one he was with could hear him. I nodded, then raised my hand toward him.

          "Yeah, but cool your jets there cowboy. You said I can have that ship. So, after I hook up to it. I'll drag the slime ball out, grab the bottle and eject them both into space. You can do whatever you want then." 

He cleared his throat as he thought about it for a few minutes, I could see him thinking about whether it would be easier for him to just grab the ship and get the bottle himself, or just let me have it and he still gets it. He made up his mind as he took a glance over his shoulder.

          "Fine, take the ship, but bring me my Mul-rak and my gift." He sighed. "And I still want Tora Na. You bring him to me as well or the deals off and I grab that ship now."

          "One condition." This deal was getting worse.

          "Which is?"

          "No one knows I was here, you don't tell that mandolin you saw me or that I have his ship. If anyone follows me, I'll make sure that they know you have that whiskey and you'll be on the other side of the bars and you'll never see Tora Na. Do we have an understanding?"

           "Yes, we do." He sighed, he knew what I was talking about. Arkanion Whiskey is highly illegal and he knows that, then pressed a few buttons on his side. "There, the ship is a ghost, it wasn't even here. Now bring me my pilot and my gift."

          "Oh hell no, I'm not landing on that planet, my ship almost got ripped off the last time I did." I headed toward Mando's ship and maneuvered under the airlock. "I told you, I'm shoving them both out of the airlock, you come and get-em." I added as I looked at him and connected to the bottom of the airlock with a grinding noise and a thump indicating that it was locked on.

          "Fine." He nodded. "I'll send the pickup droid to collect them, make it fast, before I change my mind."

          "It's been fun, Love to the family, see ya." I smiled and switched off both of the coms and got up heading toward the back, "Asshole." I mumbled as Lane met me by the corner.

A/N I want to keep this going but it doesn't seen to be of interest to anyone else. I hope I'm wrong. :) Let me know if you would like to read more. It does get better.

02/03 Due to school I'm not able to upload chapters as often as I would like, also I'm stuck at a point where I don't know if I should add a soft secton (Laid back and easy going), a med section (a little fighting) or a rough section (capture, fighting, running.) So I wrote all three and just don't know which one to add just yet.

1803W

A/N revised  version. I'm thinking I should record this as an audio book, just hearing it being read out loud sounds so cool.

1907W