Intro to the capital!

Saisei was sitting in a carriage, being carried along to the capital city of the Empire. She doesn't exactly know why, but it feels like she's needed there.

She felt it in a pretty weird place, her blood out of all places but that's not exactly strange to her. 

It was a lonely road. All this time, without any friends or family... But she stays hopeful of what's to come. Keeping her head up and smiling. 

Well, that's what she was taught anyway.

And this was her...

(Author: I really don't like using pictures for characters, but I'm getting lazy for this story as it probably won't get viewed very much

(Author: I really don't like using pictures for characters, but I'm getting lazy for this story as it probably won't get viewed very much. And I'm following the manga for this story. Also, @stem04 on twitter.)

"Miss, are you sure this is all you need?" The man driving me here spoke up making her turn to him quickly.

"Huh? Yeah, this is all I need!" She put her hands up and wave them a bit with a smile. "I'm really fine. Don't worry." 

"Well, we're almost to the city. I just wanted to tell you we'll be there in another thirty-" They both felt the rumbling ground under them.

Saisei then felt a feeling of danger swell up in her chest. 

"Did it evolve again...?" Her own train of thought was her downfall as the carriage was thrown through the air and her sword fell off  her hip.

Everything seemed to slow down as she stared at her sword flying through the air. 

"Fuck!" Without her sword, she's still pretty strong but she now doesn't exactly have cutting power

"Fuck!" Without her sword, she's still pretty strong but she now doesn't exactly have cutting power. She would still walk out of this encounter fine though... probably.

She then hit the ground, landing on her next, and was down back first. A giant box the man was carrying then landed on her trapping her momentarily. 

She was a bit stunned from the neck hit and the Danger Beast was slowly approaching her. 

The scream of the beast made her eyes pop open.

"Now who is that?" She mumbled as she stares at her savior. 

He danced circles around the beast and within seconds of fighting, he cut the thing in half, with ease at that.

"I'm glad he actually had skill or we both would be dragon food by now."

Saisei then punched the box and obliterated it with that single attack. 

"Hey, are you okay!" The guy ran over asking but fell on his ass when he saw her do that. 

She got up and grabbed her sword that wasn't that far from her. 

"Uh, are you okay?" The guy asked me very quietly.

"Oh, don't worry, I'm quite alright!" She answered in an upbeat tone. 

They both look over to see the driver of the cart walking over to them. She honestly thought he died a while ago. 

"Thank you for taking out the Danger Beast. That was amazing!" The driver praised the boy and he obviously thinks he's the greatest around. 

There was nothing wrong with thinking that but he had a rude awaking as Saisei could beat him without even trying. there's tons of strong people within the empire that would dust him as well. 

But, for now, she just shrugged as it doesn't seem like he's too full of himself. 

"Well obviously~! For me, something like that is piece of cake!"

She smiled innocently as she rolled up her sleeve and prepared to punch him in the face. 

"My names Tatsumi by the way! The name of a man who'll become famous in the capital, so it'd be wise to remember it!"

She stopped herself as both the driver and her stare at the guy. 

I just let my sleeve down and get back to walking.

"Wait! girl! Why don't we travel together! you might need the protection!"

she turned around and frowned.

"Listen! I don't need your protection! You're very weak, you know that! I could've easily killed that thing if I wasn't taken by surprise. So, in what I'm trying to say, FUCK OFF." She smiled and everyone there looked absolutely stunned. 

She turned around and started walking by herself. 

"Stupid country boy. Wait... I'm a country girl..." She sighed as she realized she insulted herself as well as him. 

Sometime later, Saisei was taking in the city life and smiling while looking around. 

She hopes she wasn't sticking out too much. 

Saisei then spotted wanted posters outside a shop she was going to go in. She had more than enough money to herself but more never hurt anyone. 

Their amounts were something that would catch anyone's attention. 

With a smirk, she started to gather more info about them, starting with the first person within range. 

She grabbed a woman and pulled her to the posters. 

"Who are they?" I asked. 

"they're Night Raid! A criminal organization threatening to overthrow the Empire, they commit assassinations on high officials!" The person seemed to hate these people with a passion. 

"If you had a single clue of who they were going after next, who would it be, and where are they located?" 

"Well, I'm not too sure but Lady Aria usually gives some people a place to stay for the night. She seems so nice and has been helping a lot lately so Night Raid would probably target her. I'm not sure where she lives, though." 

I smile and turn the women around giving them a hard pat on the back. Well, "I'll be going to save that lady! This should be easy enough!"

With high hopes, she sets out for where ever the hell this lady lives. 

But before she took off, she took one more look at the poster. 

"Akame, Bulat, and Najenda..." She puts a hand up to her mouth and start to think a bit more deeply about it. 

Najenda missing an eye so she doubts she'd go into combat... Akame has the highest bounty so she must be the most dangerous... looking back to Najenda... She must be the leader! She looks old and dusty! grey hair and all that!

Bulat is just a guy from the poster. It's hard for her to get a read on who he is...

End of chapter 1