Fera canes

"They must come here every day, huh...?" 

Cecilia asked herself as she watched Wave, Run, and Bols family sit at his grave. They were happy that were able to get the remains of their comrade unlike the many graves around him. 

She was at a distance watching from a treeline. She had come to ensure the protection of Bols family as Wild Hunt, the new secret police, had been making their rounds in the area terrorizing the population. 

Usually, Cecilia would be all for it but these people had nothing going on and were doing nothing wrong. Cecilia only liked to harass people that had actually done something awful and innocent people didn't come into play here. 

 If anything these no names weren't worth the trouble and her comrade was buried in the area so she would prefer it stay quiet. 

She'd put most of the members in their place if she was allowed too but their leader's priority made it overly hard to do anything to him. She wasn't sure how long she could possibly hold out not ripping his heart out of his chest. 

The very next day, Cecilia, Wave, and Run were all traveling through a district in the capital. 

"You know, it's pretty weird for you to travel with us, Cecilia..." Wave had said trying not to seem awkward about it. 

"Eh, Seryuu is still healing and Kurome was too. It was either you or listen to Esdeath talk about how she wants to rip my sister apart." Cecilia scowled at that thought though it was somewhat fair for her to want to do. 

A civilian then came out of an alleyway and looked like they were in a rush, Wave intercepted them and asked them what was wrong. 

"Wild Hunt! They just tortured a group of people and hung them up in an alleyway! I was getting away since they started to tear up a shop after that, I was starting to fear for my own life..." The guy looked back to where he came from and kept going, going further away from the scene. 

Wave's teeth then gritted harder and his expression turned dark. Before either, Cecilia or Run could tell him to stop, he took off in a sprint. 

Cecilia just took the sky and followed after them, after looking at the scene that was a bit much even for imperial standards, they see the fuckers of Wild Hunt breaking down a food store with another dead in front of them. 

They were sure that it was just a normal bystander that had nothing to do with this. 

"Yo, if it isn't the useless Jaegers and... Cecilia..." He said her name with scorn and she instantly knew he had been told something about her. 

Whatever it was, she would surely be using it to her advantage from now on. Run had caught onto it as well and made sure to tuck that into his head. They'd be sure not to overuse it as the prime minister would be directly on their asses. 

"Since you were so slow, I went ahead and executed them in the name of the empire." He bit into some fruit and tossed it right after. "Taste like shit..." Even after saying that, he grabbed another. It was obvious he was just wasting produce for the hell of it. 

"That was a bit much! You did it directly in public, I understand making an example but that was just butchering!" Wave pointed an accusing finger and was simply trying to hold himself back from attacking the group. 

The leader of Wild Hunt seemed to crack almost instantly yelling, "I'M THE SON OF THE PRIME MINISTER, GOING AGAINST ME IS GOING AGAINST HIM!!!" 

Wave had twitched and closed his mouth at his name. He gathered his courage and Run got in front of him.