Belarus x Male!Reader: Sweeter Than Apples

Sweeter Than Apples

A/n: Okay weirdly enough, I've never done a male reader x female character before...
So...
Lads here ya go.

Y/n's POV (3rd Person)

Y/n made his way through the trees, careful of his step along the slightly muddy path.

He was meeting his closest friend, Belarus, for apple picking. It'd all been her idea. He'd needed to take some pictures for a project for his photography class and she'd kindly offered to help.

Now, Y/n would never ever tell her, but he had a major crush on the country. She was an amazing girl and he'd honestly hate to ruin their friendship.

He trudged up the slightly steep hill he was now making his way up, Bela had told him it'd be around here...

He came up to the other side of the ridge and smiled in satisfaction as he saw the orchard a head of him.

"Y/n!" He heard someone call him from below.

It was Belarus.

She waved to him, smiling, her red and white scarf blowing softly in the cool, crisp breeze.

He grinned and waved back, starting towards her.

His heart thumping excitedly in his chest.

"Hey Bela." He said when he finally reached her. "How are you?"

"Good." She said with a slight nod. "And you?"

"Good." He replied back. "Question, why'd you choose to pick apples?"

"You said your project was on outdoor activities right? It's fun and one of my favorites. And... you asked me to help you... I mean, we can do something else if you'd like. It's your project, it's up to you." She said kindly.

"No-no this is perfect." He said quickly. "Should we grab baskets or something? That is how you do it... isn't it?"

She let out a soft giggle and he felt his heart flutter with giddy happiness.

"Yes. I've already got them." She replied, bending down, her traditional dress sweeping the grass as she grabbed the baskets. "Here."

He took it, readjusting his camera bag.

"Thanks."

"Come on." She said, leading him into the rows of trees.

"Which tree should we start with?" He asked, looking at their many options of first picks.

"That one." She replied, pointing to a slightly larger, healthy looking trees with bright red apples ahead.

"Yeah that one looks great." He replied, walking up to the base of the tree and setting down his basket and pulling his camera from his bag and started to take pictures.

He snapped a few here and there, juicy apples, rich green leaves, bits of sky and foliage, Belarus...

Wait.

Belarus?

He looked down at the shot he'd taken of her, staring at the way her hair swept around her shoulders as she reached for a bright apple, the way her eyes glinting with serenity and concentration, they way her lips seemed to always be curved slightly in her signature sweet smile.

He slowly looked up from the camera and stared at her.

She hadn't noticed him looking down at his camera for an unusual length of time.