Chapter 31: Date with the Cat

After an evening filled with Y/n telling everybody about CRDL and his dark thoughts, hours of hugging and the eventual retreat to the bedrooms, with Y/n and Weiss basically being forced into different rooms. Y/n slept in the girls room with his girlfriends all cuddeling him after having placed two of the mattresses on the ground to form a bed big enough for the 5 of them. All seemed well, until the nightmares returned. Pictures of Sun getting blown to pieces by Roman back at the docks, Ren being mauled to death by the Sobek, the fight against the Nightingale ending in Qrows death and lastly the only real memory Azure getting swallowed by the Dragon. Y/n could only watch helplessly as all of that happened, he wanted to help, he wanted to move but his body didnt listen to his please. Tossing and turning is how the girls found Y/n in the middle of the night, his face showing great fear and pain while he was sweating and tears streamed down his cheeks. The girls saw Y/n crying, they saw him being angry, showing concern, pain and fear yet never did they saw him so vulnerable. Ruby tried to shake him awake, yet his tossing only got worse. Phyrra, Blake and Yang all started shaking him while Ruby tried to soothe Y/n but his concious didnt allow him to take this easy way out it forced him to watch, to endure, to suffer. Until he had enough, his mind going blank only darkness where once the pictures of terror were. On the outside his girlfriends saw him go slack, his thrashing coming to an end abruptly, they believed that it was all good now and that Y/n had calmed down.

The morning came and Y/n woke up to the sound of his girlfriends talking. He was interested in what they would be talking about and decided to stay quiet and to listen in.

Ruby: "Should we ask him about what happened last night?" Ruby asked worried.

Blake: "Normaly you would let the person come to you with their problems to not seem pushy."

Phyrra: "But Y/n is still not used to have that option so he wont really come to us on his own." Phyrra added.

Yang: "This is really bad guys, I know Y/ns nightmares and it was never that bad." Y/n decided he heard enough and so he sat up and began to speak.

Y/n: "It is the stress of having the fate of all humanity depend on you and your friends." Y/n said and the girls all turned to look at him.

Ruby: "What did you dream about?" She asked sheepishly.

Y/n: "The night at the docks and what could have happened if I didnt jump between Sun and Roman. What could have had happened if I didnt shove Ren out of the way back against that Sobek. Qrow dying against the Nightingale and lastly Azures death." Y/n listed of has he combed through his hair with his hand. He sighed before getting up. "I will talk to you guys about it once me and Blake are back from our date. Yang." The blonde looks at him. "Go spend some time with your mother and your sister." Rubys eyes widened as she looked away from Y/n. "Dont you act like nothing is bothering you Rosebud, you feel like Yang is drifting away and want to spend time with her, so why not while also meeting your step-sisters mother."

Yang: "Aww Sis, did you really think I would stop spending time with you?"

Ruby: "Of course, after the Fall you spend all day being locked up in your room, after that I was heading towards Haven and even now we are bearly spending time with each other because you keep on spending a lot of time in the bathroom while making those wierd sounds." Y/n looked at Yang and saw her frozen in place with a blush envoloping her cheeks. "And I swear I heard you say Y/ns name while there was a strang buz-" the blondes robotic hand clasps over Rubys mouth before she could finish the sentence.

Yang: "Hey I think I just heard my mom calling for me, come on sis lets go and do some family bonding!" In the blink of an eye the two were gone.

Blake: "She was masturbating while thinking about you." Blake said while flipping the page of her book.