"Jaskier apologise now," Geralt said, his eyes never leaving yours.

"Um, I'm sorry?" He said, his apology more of a question than an apology, which caused Geralt's face to become slightly annoyed.

Geralt saw your wrist and pulled it up to his face so he could read what was written.

"Hmm, " he said before looking back at you. He grabbed your hand and began dragging you towards the local inn.

"Please stop dragging me. I'm not a whore" you said and he stopped and turned so suddenly that you crashed into his chest.

"I never said you were a whore. You're covered in mud and I think we need to have a proper discussion, " he said, his hand resting on your face for a few seconds before he began dragging you towards the inn again.

"Uh, Geralt. Where are you going?! And what's with the woman?!" Jaskier was shouting as he began to run behind you both.

After you had a bath, courtesy of Geralt, and you were all cleaned, you walked out of the bathroom to see Geralt and Jaskier arguing.

"I don't get why she's so important to you?! You've just met!"

"Stop asking questions Jaskier for the love of God"

"But who is she?!"

"Will you shut up?!" Geralt shouted, causing you to jump and knock an empty bowl off the table causing both men to look up at you.

You stood there, just a cloth wrapped around you as you couldn't find your dress.

"I went and got you a new dress as Jaskier ruined yours," Geralt said as he handed you a light blue dress. You nodded at him as a thank you, took the dress from him, and ran back into the bathroom to put it on.

You closed the door and pressed your back against it, trying to calm your heart.

"I'm not saying she's not good looking. She's a beautiful woman. But who is she Geralt?" Jaskier said and you heard Geralt sigh as he sat on a bed.

"I've had the words "what did you say?" written on my wrist for as long as I could remember. The first words that woman uttered to me were those words"

You heard Jaskier "Oooh" at loud and then he followed it with "soul mate then huh?"

You pulled yourself from the door, not wanted to eavesdrop anymore, and put the dress on. There was a small mirror that allowed you to try and fix your hair from the knotted mess it was after having to wash the mud from it.

You slowly stuck your head out of the bathroom and noticed the room was empty. You slowly walked forward to the center of the room and stopped. There was nobody here. No wonder it was so quiet.

You felt a hand land on your shoulder and you started to scream. A hand quickly clamped over your mouth and you felt yourself start to cry.

"Please don't scream. I'm not going to hurt you" you heard Geralt say in your ear. He removed his hand from your mouth and you dropped to the floor, weeping. He slowly sat on the floor beside you and pulled you into his lap, he had one arm wrapped around your body and one hand holding your head to his chest.

"I'm sorry. Please stop crying. I didn't mean to scare you, " he said, stroking your damp hair in an effort to comfort you. You slowly stopped crying and sniffled, resting your head on his chest, listening to his slow heartbeat.

"I'm sorry," you said quietly, not wanting to look at him.

"Don't apologise. I shouldn't have scared you like that, " he said, still caressing your head.

"So you're my soulmate then?" You asked, looking up at him.

"Hmm, " he said, looking at you.

"Are you disappointed? I thought you would be. A simple girl like me is probably who you weren't expecting at all" you said, beginning to stand up and getting ready to leave.

Geralt pulls you back down onto his lap and holding you close to his chest.

"I'm not disappointed. Not at all. You're better than anything I could have thought up. But I'm a Witcher. People hate me and my kind. I'm constantly on the road, I don't have a house of my own. My life isn't really life for someone like you" he said, stroking your head and lightly pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"I don't care that you're a Witcher. What you are doesn't bother me, it's who you are that matters. My life is awful. I don't mind that you travel a lot, I've never left this awful village. I'm positive that a life with you is better than the life I've lived so far" you said, resting your hand on his face as you stared into each other's eyes.

"So can I come with you? You wouldn't leave your soulmate in this awful village would you?" You said, a small smile playing on your lips as he smiled with you.

"I wouldn't leave you even if you told me to. I've just found you, no thanks to Jaskier. I'm not leaving you anywhere, but I kill a lot of monsters, so be warned" he said, chuckling slightly, kissing your forehead again.

"I'll need to get some of my things before we leave," you said and he nodded.

"Come on then. Let's get you out of here" Geralt said, as you both stood up and got ready to explore the world together.