Connor

A/N idk what to name this, so I'm sorry.

---
A middle-aged officer responded to a dispatch about a 7-year-old boy being held hostage by the family's housekeeper Android. It's his first time hearing such a case like this. The male thought machines won't be able to deviate from their programming, but the policeman was wrong.

He reached the destination a minute later. The first-class neighborhood was really breathtaking in a way, but that's not the focus. As the blonde male was the first to get to the scene, the gated home was left open. Before entering, the man radioed for backup just in case it goes horribly wrong.

Once he went inside, the mansion was uncomfortably quiet. He looked around and saw some family photos littered on a table nearby. Drawing his gun out, he scanned the area. The living room was a gruesome scene. The boy's parents were lying on the ground, dead. Both were shot on the head.

"Put your gun down or I'll kill him." The machine demanded while he was holding the young boy. The policeman obeyed what the android commanded. He tossed his gun across the room. The male raised his hands, to reassure the hostage-taker that he was now unarmed.

"We can sort this out, just give me the boy." The officer said calmly as he tries to find a way to rescue the small child. "He's not a threat.."

"Don't come any closer!" the droid growled as he noticed the human approaching slowly. the household machine shoved the gun even more as the child whimpered silently.

"What about, we talk this out?" He tried to persuade the machine. "Between you and me. Just let the boy go and we'll come to an agreement."

"I thought they loved me. But I was just nothing to them." the android furiously shoved the barrel of the gun at the boy's temple. "Nothing but a slave to be ordered around." 

"Bernie- No-" the small brunet whimpered out. 

The officer is thinking of ways how will he get the boy safe out of that rouge glorified computer. He gulped and looked at the kid and glanced back at the android. He found out the android's name thankfully, some progress. "We'll come with an agreement, just give the boy to me Bernie. You two might be very close, he has nothing to do with this."

No budge, the policeman thought. He had no choice but to either tackle Bernie or grab his gun and shoot it. But with the firearm a bit far away, it'll be a huge risk. The blonde middle-aged male slowly approaches the two. The android doesn't notice that, so it was a little easy. He was a few feet away from the hostage-taker, he scanned the boy and noticed the child was injured. 

He made a run for it and lunged at the machine. The officer grabbed the little boy away from the rouge machine. A gunshot rang loud enough to shook the house. The child screamed and closed his eyes, then covered his ears.

The police officer shot the machine. He stood up and looked down at the Android. His uniform is stained with blue blood. The blonde man grabbed the child and embraced the boy tightly. "It's okay now, I got you..."

Back-up came and rushed to the scene. They talked to the blonde male who responded at the dispatch first. He told them what happened and how the situation was controlled. The deactivated machine was still in the same position as was left earlier. The brown-haired boy was taken outside away from the crime scene as much as possible.

They took the bodies of the boy's parents out, wrapped in body bags. Apparently, the only remaining relative the kid has was his uncle who lives just streets away. The policeman who saved him from the machine approached the ambulance he was situated on and sat down beside him.

"Here, you must be cold." The middle-aged man draped a blanket at the boy. "What's your name kid?"

"Connor..." The boy mumbled. Connor looked at the bodies of his dead parents and he starts to tear up. "Why did Bernie killed them...? Is it because mom and dad were going to buy a new Android?"

The man paused for a while and sighed loudly.  He didn't know what to tell him at this point. Hank brought the boy in his patrol car and drove back to the precinct. Connor was silent throughout the car ride. The officer tried to chat a little. But on the strings of events? It's hard for the child to sink in what just happened. The boy was asked a few questions before letting him sit down in the lobby with the same man who saved him. Hank offered something to eat but the brunet refused. 

"Your uncle called and he said he will be bringing you with him," Hank informed the child. The boy looked down. Hank sighed loudly. The child turned silent as the silence enveloped between them. The officer turned to Connor and patted the boys back gently.

***

"You look happy, what's up?" The elderly man grinned when he saw the college boy sit down. "Passed finals?"

"Yeah, I did." Connor smiled as he sets his belongings down. "I can finally get to enjoy the summer."

"Nice, got any plans?" Hank smiled as the food he ordered for them was being placed on their table. "Cole misses you."

"I'll visit more frequently, as  promised." The younger male added.

"So, how's this girl you're dating?" The newbie officer now Police lieutenant smirked. "What's her name again? Grace?"

"What? I'm not dating her! We're just friends." The brunet frowned. "And her name's Jane, how could you fuck that up?"

"I'm just messing with ya."  Hank laughed. "You two still talk though?"

"We still do, like always," Connor answered. "After class, we would go out and walk in the park and talk about school and stuff."

"You two seemed close." The old man drank his soda and opened the small food container. "When will I get to meet her?"

"Soon, maybe I'll bring her with me sometime." The brunet answered. "Why are you asking about her?"

"Nothing..." Hank shrugged and chuckled. "Is it wrong to ask someone's love life?"

"For the second time, we're not dating." Connor sighed and drank his soda. "So, how's work by the way?"

"Same as always. Crime scenes, reports, and patrols." The lieutenant replied.

"What about Cole?" The brown-haired male asked. "How is he?"

"He kept asking when will you visit." Anderson continued. "He said he wants to surprise you."

"Really?" Connor smiled softly. "I'll be there tomorrow if that's okay."

"You can visit everyday for all I care. You're like a family to us already" Hank said. "What about your uncle? Is he reaching out to you?"

"He calls me once in a while..." The brunet shrugged.  "In fact, yesterday he called me to go home and pay him a visit. So I'm doing that next week."

"That's good to hear, maybe he misses you." The old man added.

The two caught up with things on their lives for awhile as suddenly the younger male checks the time. It's his cue to go.

"Going somewhere?" Hank asked as he finishes his meal.

"Yeah, I'll go to the cemetery." Connor remembers that horrible night when the housemaid android killed his parents. He grabs his belongings and stood up. "Don't tell Cole I'm visiting tomorrow. I want to surprise him too."

"Sure, see you tomorrow kiddo." Anderson grinned softly. He waved goodbye as Connor left. That's his cue to leave the establishment as well, so the man went on his way and walked to the parking lot.

----
A/N

How are you guys?? I updated okay? I fucking updated-

I noticed the reads of this book is just growing and damn hello readers XD thank you all once again for reading this crappy book and I'm really sorry for not updating frequently like I used to.

See you next update? If there will be...

Possibly there will be. But it'll take time as always :V

CiAo~