Chapter 31

I spent the next few days in the hospital, Recovery Girl making sure my blood pressure and cell count went back to normal. She didn't keep too tight of reigns on me, I could roam around as I pleased- I didn't, however, because teachers were prepping for school to start and I was way too anxious to wander around in my sweats with actual pros around. A few came in with minor injuries, and they said hello to me, but other than that there wasn't much social interaction going on; it was almost peaceful.
However, dispite the peace of being alone, it left me alone with a lot of my thoughts- thoughts that I didn't really like. Mainly about what had caused this whole incident.. I was going to have to talk to Toshinori about it eventually, and I knew that Midoria would have a billion questions to ask me. The conclusion I came to? Well.... That I still wasnt sure about. But, I did know that I owed them an explanation. For more than just what I had told them- I needed to tell them both everything about me, front to back, top to bottom, left to right, shoulders knees and toes and whatnot.
Before much longer, Recovery Girl told me I was allowed to leave. She gave me an assortment of vitamins to take over the next week, and sent me off with a sticker and a lollipop. I texted Midoria, telling him that I was released- he was happy, to say the least. After that I texted Inko, letting her know that I was alright; I knew she had been worrying nonstop about me, and had even sent me in snacks a time or two. For only being in there for less than a week, she was worrying like I had been in there for years- bless her heart.
And finally, the... dreaded moment of truth. I texted Toshinori, telling him I was released.. I waited anxiously for his reply. And when I say anxiously, I mean that my heart was running about a million miles a minute... (try saying that five times fast)
"I'll be there in a minute, sit tight in front of the gate."
I liked the message, and sat down on the curb as I waited. Sure enough, a moment later, Toshi was there; dressed in his casual attire, and a bag in hand- as well as some flowers. He gave the flowers to me- a beautiful arrangement of (favorite flowers).
"(Y/N), I'm.. really sorry, for the way I acted. I know you said that it's okay, but in reality, it wasn't, I never should have acted that way, nor should I have rejected your calls and ignored my gut. So.. I hope that you will accept my apology.. Again."
I chuckled, standing up and wrapping my arms around his waist and giving him a soft hug.
"Of course, Toshi.. I know you weren't in the right mindset then, and I know that I should have talked with you about the subject sooner. So, im sorry too."
He ran a finger through my hair, kissing my forehead and leaving his lips there for a moment.
"So; now that we're done with that, I brought snacks. Would you like to go to the park and eat them with me?"
I smiled softly at him, grabbing his hand and nodding.
"Of course I'd like to, Toshi."
We walked alongside each other, holding hands and enjoying the silence as we made our way over to the park. It wasn't too terribly far away, and it was one that we both knew well. Once we had got there, we sat down on the curb that had the best view- you could see a little bit of the ocean from there. Toshi sat the snack bag down between us, and grabbed one of the Onigiri.
"I figured that Recovery Girl hadn't let you eat anything like this when you were there, so I got you some of the things you like."
I smiled at him and grabbed one of the Pocky packs from the bag.
"Thanks, Toshi."
We ate in silence for a moment, staring out at the sea; how long had it been? How long had I kept these secrets from him?
"(Y/N)?"
I snapped out of my thoughts.
"Yes?"
"Are you alright? Is something on your mind?"
He knew there was... But did I want to tell him?
"I mean.. Yes, but I don't really know how to explain it."
"Try to my love, I'll help you piece things together if you need me to."
I fiddled with my hands for a moment, trying to piece the words in my head into words I could speak.
".... I- I feel like I owe you an explanation. But.. I don't know where I should start. Whenever I think about it my hands get clammy, and my mouth gets dry, and I just feel like... I cant."
He set his hand on top of mine, softly rubbing his thumb back and forth.
"I could understand why that would be happening.. It sounds like your story goes deeper than what you have told us. And while I know I would certianly like to know, I will not force you to tell me before you are ready, my dear."
I looked him in the eyes- Did I really want him to know about my past? Would it change things between us? Part of me didn't want to know.. But there was no better time to talk about it than the present.
"I.. I want to tell you, Toshi. But I'm.. Scared, more than anything. I feel like I have hid so many things from you, and im terrified that when I tell you, our relationship will change. I'm worried about everything.. My friendship, my relationship, even my family... And they know about it."
He moved the food bag from between us, and pulled me into a hug.
"(Y/N), I love you more than anything, and nothing will change that. While yes, I am a hero, I'm a person too- and I've done things that I'm not very proud of, just as everyone has. I mean, just look at me, I essencially live a lie, and two seperate lives.. I understand hardships, and I understand more than anything, how worrysome it can be to want to tell the truth. And my dear... From that, I can promise you, whatever you feel the need to tell me will be okay.  You will be okay. We will be okay, my darling."
He gave me a soft kiss on my head, gently rubbing his thumb on my back. I couldn't help but tear up a little; This was the man that I wanted to spend my life with- the man who I knew would help me through anything. And in that moment, I finally felt... at ease.
"Do you promise?"
"I promise with everything in my being."
He hooked his pinky to mine with a soft, reassuring smile.

It was finally time to tell him.