Chapter 24

Zayn's POV

          "No!" I screamed as the boy I loved more than anything took a deep breath letting it out. I moved the jacket, placing my head on his chest. Where I used to hear the strong heart beat that I loved so much, I heard nothing. "Niall! Come back! I love you!" I cried. I heard some shuffling behind me and turned to see my dad holding the gun to his head. My body filled with rage. He took the one last thing in my life I've ever loved.

          "I really did love you, Zayn." He told me with tears running down his face.

          "That's a lie! You fucking cowered! You took the one person I loved away from me!" I screamed. He looked at me with shame in his eyes and pulled the trigger. I flinched at the sight. Blood going everywhere and his body falling to the ground. I looked away and moved back to Niall's cold body. I'm all alone now...

          Paramedics came to Niall's side. I held his hand while they looked him over. One of the paramedic men took his fingers to Niall neck. Tears were streaming down my face. I lost him.

            "Shit! We have a pulse! Get him out of here now!" My head popped up at his words. Everything seemed to start moving faster. They placed his body on a gurney and ran him to the ambulance. I jumped in and moved out of their way so they could go to work. No matter how mush I wanted to touch him, I knew if I did, it could slow the people from saving him. They placed pressure on the two bullet wounds and hand pumped oxygen into his mouth and nose. We got the the hospital and they sprinted with him to surgery. I was alone again. I took my phone out and called Maura and told her to come. I then called Liam and told him to come also. After I hung up the phone. I sat in the chair and cried. I was alone and Niall might not even make it. He told me to be happy but I can't be happy without him. If I loose him, then I lost myself. I didn't know who I was before I met him. He reminded me of all the things I was was when I had my family. With him I found myself again. I can't loose him.

          "Zayn!" I turned to see Maura and Bobby running to me.

          "Mummy!" I cried running to her wrapping my arms around her. A whole new set of sobs wracked my body.

          "What happened?" Bobby asked me. I tried forming words but they wouldn't come out. He scooped me off the floor bridal style and carried me to a chair. I clung to him tightly, so he just sat down holding me in his arms. "Calm down, okay?" I took a deep breath and nodded. Once I calmed down enough, I told them everything. They both were crying by the end, as was I. Maura went to see if a doctor could tell us some information on Niall's condition and they told her they would get someone out.

          I tried to get off of Niall's dad's lap but he just held me closer telling me he wanted to hold he longer because I smelt like Niall. I knew he was thinking I was all he had left of Niall. But the Irish boy was going to the alright. A man in scrubs came out and we all rushed to him.

          "We removed the bullet from his chest and he's in open heart surgery at the moment. That one was lodged in the heart tissue. The stomach wound was close range, so it shot straight through his body. We're closing the walls to his large intestine and liver. The odds don't look like they're in his favor right now, but we're doing what we can." The doctor said.

          "What are the chances?" His dad asked.

          "Maybe a strong 15 percent. If he can make it through the heart surgery then he's good. But he lost allot of blood. We'll be out as soon as we can with more news." The man said and left.

          "I'm going to call Greg." Bobby said and left to make a phone call.

          I sat holding Maura's hand. The other boys got here, but didn't ask anything. We sat silently. I cried looking down at the floor. Bobby came back and held my other hand. I leaned on his shoulder and closed my eyes but visions of my dad shooting Niall and shooting himself ran through my head. I opened my eyes and more tears came out.

          We sat like this for six fucking hours. The doctor came out, just his parents went to talk to him. I watched the doctor say something with a poker face. I heard Maura gasp and cry out, falling to her knees. Bobby fell and held her tight. The doctor left after saying something to them.

          He's gone. That's it. It's over. I got up feeling like I was in a dream, wishing I could wake up and have Niall beside me. I went to his parents and wrapped my arms as both of them. They did the same. I was in a state of shock. No tears or screams came. Just a dull pain in my chest of knowing I'll never see Niall ever again.

           Maura grabbed my face and smiled at me. I was very confused, he son just died, why is she smiling?

          "He's okay. He made it through surgery. He's alive." I cried out and laughed at the same time. We all hugged each other, thanking God that he was okay. My whole world went from gray to colored again. I just needed to touch him, to make sure this was real, not a sick joke.

         We had to wait two more hours to make sure he was stable enough for visitors. When we got the okay to go see him the three of us went. The other lads went home after knowing he was alright considering it was three in the morning. He was on the bed not hooked up to any machines, except for a heart monitor and IV pole. The doctor said he made a speedy recovery because he had a strong heart due to being so fit. We sat around his bed and looked at the angel we almost lost. None of us could imagine our lives without him.

          I sat on one side of the bed holding his hand while his parents sat on the other side.

          I don't know how long we sat there but soon his parents fell asleep on a nearby couch. I stayed awake though. I was just looking at Niall's sleeping face. It was perfect. I could see the brown roots to his hair. He never told me why he dyed it, but it looked good on him. His pink lips were spread ever so slightly, letting little puffs of air out. I looked up to his blue eyes that were... wait.

          "Hi." He said weakly. I wanted to kiss him to death, then slap him for being so stupid! I just loved him so much. I got control of my emotions and smiled a small smile.

          "Hi." I said back.

          "You okay?" He whispered, reaching his free hand out to touch my puffy eyes. I shook my head no and he frowned even more.

          "You just scared me, Niall. I couldn't loose you."

          "I couldn't loose you either. That's why I did it. I promised you I would keep you safe and never hurt you or let you get hurt. I need you more than you even need me. I love you and I ment what I told you that night. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." A tear fell from my eye.

          "Well don't go getting yourself killed to make that the rest of your life!" I told him. He laughed a little. "I love you, but you're so stupid." I said leaning in to kiss his lips softly.

          "I know." He said kissing me again. We pulled apart looking at each other. How could I have almost lost this? "Your dad he's not..." He trailed off. Right, he doesn't know what happened.

            "He's gone." I said controlling all the feelings I had. Even if he abused me, I still remembered the happy times with him when I was younger. I was hurting because that was the end of my parents. I was alone now. "He killed himself." I whispered that last part, flashes of what happened went through my mind.

          "Oh." Niall said, clearly shocked.

         "I'm alone now. Everyone in my family is gone." I said. Tears filling my eyes again.

          "No, your family is right here." Bobby voice said from behind me. I turned to them and saw them smiling at me. They got up and hugged me. I looked at Niall and saw the look he was giving me. Pure love. I knew at that moment, they were right. They are my family, just in a different way.

A/N: I wanted to kill off Niall but I didn't have the heart to do it! Sorry guys or not, depends in what you wanted. Comment/Vote! Only one more chapter then and Epilogue! So sad :( thanks for reading and everything you guys have done! I'm glad you liked it!

                                -Bri;)