Chapter 18

Zayn's POV

          The weekend went by very fast. I guess I'm living with Niall now. I thought it was just going to be, like a thing for a night but then his mum offered for me to have the guest room and told me I could decorate it however I wanted. She also said today after school she wants to take me to buy some clothes. I declined her offer kindly. But I quickly learned that what she says go's, after school when she threw me into the car and took me to the mall. I see where Niall gets his stubbornness from now.

          "What clothes do you like to wear?" She asked as we walked into the shopping center.

          "I don't really know. I guess things with long sleeves?" I shrugged. My clothes now have to be long sleeved because of my arms. Before it was just my wrists and I did that on my own. Now it was my whole arm. That wasn't by choice.

          "You like the color black, I can tell so let's go to this store." She said pointing to a store called Hot Topic. It looked cool with the graffiti spray paint on the walls. I looked at that more than the clothes.

          "You like the walls? I bring you to buy clothes and you like walls. Your perfect for my son." She told me laughing. I smiled and saw a shirt I liked. I showed it to her, she ripped it out of my hands and told me to get four more things from here then we'll go somewhere else. So I did.

          After we checked out and left the store I turned to her. "Thank you, uh...?" I didn't know what to call her.

          "Call me Maura." She said kindly. "And you needed clothes, so don't thank me for anything."

          "I'm not only thanking you for the clothes. Thank you for letting me stay with you. Not pushing me away when you found out. Just everything you've done." I told her meaning every word. She turned to me gently hugging because of my healing body.

          "Your mother did a wonderful job raising you. Now let's stop this before we end up crying in the middle of the mall." She said wiping tears from her eyes. I smiled and kissed her cheek. She slapped me playfully because she started crying at my gesture. I laughed and we kept shopping.

          We got back to the car with bags full of clothes and shoes. I don't think I'll ever wear all of this. She started to drive home and started a conversation with me.

          "You liked the walls at that store?" She asked.

          "I think it looks cool. Like, people look at graffiti as a bad thing, but it's just a different form of art." I told her.

          "If you take the guest room as your own, which you will because I told you to, you can spray paint the walls if you want." She told me. I was shocked she would actually let me do that.

          "Really?"

          "Of course! Niall tells me your an artist, so I don't want to hold back your creativity. Plus, their just walls, nothing so important to keep blank."

          "Wow, thank you." I said feeling so blessed to even know someone so down to earth and open to different ideas.

          "So you'll take the room?" She asked as we pulled up to her house.

          "Niall is just like you." I told her remembering the time I wouldn't eat and he snogged my face off to persuade me into doing so.

          "How so?" She asked getting out of the car. I blushed because I couldn't tell her the real story.

          "You use things I like against me to get your way."