Chapter 10

Zayn's POV

          "I'm here to update you on Niall's condition..." the doctor said. He looked over his paper work then continued. "He received a major concussion during this fight. Not only that, from what the boys here that witnessed the aftermath, he had a severe anxiety attack and wasn't breathing properly which cause him to have a seizure. Now has he had any anxiety issues in the past?" He looked at Niall's parents who were clinging to each other.

          "Yes he has. He started having attacks when we moved from Ireland and was made fun of at school. He has been on medication ever since but he got off them a few months ago because he felt better." His mum said in a thicker Irish accent than even Niall. I was taken back by the information. Niall had anxiety and had medication? I felt really selfish because here I am crying about being raped and he has to be on medication.

          "Well, I guess it would be a good thing for him to take those again." The doctor said and wrote something down. "Also, do any of you know what started the fight? That could be led to what caused the attack too."

          I looked away from Niall to see the three boys looking at me. Liam cleared his throat and began to speak, "Uh, when we walked in we heard Niall yelling somethings about how Luke was getting his pay back for what he's done to..." He trailed off and horror struck me. I did this. I did this to Niall. He's so perfect and I put him in the hospital.

          "To who?" His mum asked. "Did he hurt my baby boy before this? What did he do?!" His mother was frantic wanting answers.

          "To me." I choked out. "This is my fault! I did this! He wouldn't be here if it weren't for me!" I cried clinging closer to the boy in the bed. "I'm so sorry." I told him. Suddenly I heard sounds of people leaving the room then I felt a hand on my back. I jumped up moving away from the touch. When I looked to who it was I was greeted with a pair of blue eyes just like Niall's.

          "You know, you didn't do this." His mum told me. "He cares for you allot. I'm guessing your the famous Zayn he's always talking about right?"

          I blushed at the thought of Niall talking about me and nodded. "He never stops talking about you. He was so excited when you went to his game. He talked about it the whole weekend." She chuckled.  "Do you see none of this is your fault. He did this because of his own choices. I'm actually glad he kicked that boys arse."

          She was smiling softly at me. The same smile Niall gives me anytime we make eye contact. Tears were still falling down my face and my hand was still holding his.

          "I see why he likes you so much. You're very cute." She giggled making me look down at my beat up Converse. She reached out to wipe my face but by instinct I flinched away from her hand. This is awkward now. I looked at her in the eyes and hers held confusion and a hint a sadness.

        "Zayn, I'm not going to hurt you. If my baby boy thinks you're worth almost beating someone to death ovet then I definitely will protect you too." I nodded at her words  but felt a squeeze on my hand. I looked over and met a sleepy looking boy.

          "Zayn," Niall chocked out and I immediately knew what he wanted. I got off the chair and reached over to hug him. I winced a bit with the pain in my bum but for Niall it was bearable. He clung to me and I jist held him. After I let go and sat back down he. Took my hand and laced our fingers together.

        "Hi mummy." Niall said kind of hesitantly.

          "You scared me to death! Why are you so stupid! Oh I live you so much! I'm going to kill you later! I won't let anyone hurt my baby!" His mum cried with mixed emotions smothering the boy with kisses. Pain built up I'm my chest because I saw how much I wanted my mum to do the same for me when I was hurt. But I killed her.

        "Mum! I'm fine but can I talk Zayn please?" Niall asked and she nodded saying something about telling the doctor he was awake.

        "I'm sorry." I said figuring that would be a good place to start.

          "What are you apologizing for?"

          "It's my fault. You got in a fight because of me. He hurt you and-"

          "You're worth the fight. I'm done with how he treats you. How he talks about you. It makes me sick. You're more than that." He sounded so passionate that I just listened fighting back my urge to run.

          "I want to be normal again." I whispered.

          "You are normal, love. You just need some protection and real love. I'm here for you thick and thin. Secrets and lies I don't care I'm here and not going anywhere."

          "You're really not going anywhere because you're in the hospital with a major concussion after having a seizure." I stated but he just laughed. There was a knock on the door and in walked the three boys. Only Liam had his hand over his eyes.

            "Everyone has clothes on and has all body parts to themselves correct?" He asked.

          "Zayn, stop trying to suck me off right here. Save it for later babes." Niall moaned out. The other boys laughed but I froze up as images of my father shoving his dick down my throat flashed through my mind.

         "Is he alright?" I heard someone ask and it snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at Liam, whom I'm assuming asked the question and nodded.

          "Yeah I'm fine sorry I just thought I forgot my house keys." I lied the other boys nodded and continued to talk.

          "So Niall, the doctor said you get to play footie in a week. Perfect timing because that's when semi-finals are." Harry said while holding Louis hand. Are they together? Or just platonic best friends holding hands? I shrugged at them whatever. At lease someone loves them.

          "That's good! Zayn here used to play a bit he told me." Niall included me into the conversation.

             "Really?! What position?" Louis asked.

               "Defender." I said kind of nervous. They are all so popular and confident I feel weird talking to them.

          "That's cool mate you should try out to be on the team! I'm captain so I could put you on in no time. Plus our defense this year is really weak." Louis offered.

          "I'm not really into playing anymore. I like drawing and music allot more." I told him. Maybe they weren't so bad.

          "Guys do you have paper?" Niall asked. Harry turned and got some off the counter and a pencil handing it to Niall. "Zayn draw something!" He ordered me.

          "I'm not good though." I whispered so only he would hear.

          "Please just a picture of me. Pllleeeaaassseeeeee!?" He whined and I gave in. Those pouty lips and puppy eyes I had to say yes.

          I didn't even have to look at him to draw because I memorized his face. It was perfect and no drawing of mine could ever justify him. I just did a cartoon of him. Once I was done I shyly gave it to Niall. He looked at it and broke out in to a huge grin.

          "Cartoon me is better than anything I've ever seen!" He yelled and showed the boys the picture. I was sitting there embarrassed not used to the positive attention. I felt Niall reach for my hand and he leaned over to me and whispered into my ear.

          "You're the whole package. Talented and beautiful." I blushed and looked at his smile. I melted at the sight and smiled a real smile back. Forgetting everything and just enjoying the fun, some what normal moment, I was having with these four boys. But mostly just enjoying Niall's soft touch on my hand.

A/N: chapter! The pic Zayn drew is on the side loves! I'm done talking now. Vote/comment!