Chapter 4

Zayn's POV

The final bell just rang and I started walking home. I hated going home because of what home was. Just as I walked off school grounds, I was shoved to the concrete.

"Hello stupid." An all to familiar Australian voice said. Luke.

"Don't worry I'm not going to beat you today, because my group isn't here to enjoy it. I'm just going to remind you how worthless you are." And with that I got a slap to the face and he left me on  the ground. He's right though, I am worthless.

I got up and started walking again. God, I was in so much pain. Everything hurt like hell. As I got closer to my house I noticed my dad's car wasn't in the driveway. That means I can go to the game tonight! He won't be here to tell me if I can or can't go, which would be a can't go and a couple punches in the stomach. I can just crawl in through my bed room window if he comes back before I get home. It's Friday night so usually he's out for the whole weekend.

I opened the front door and went in. First checking all the rooms in our small house in case he was here. But he wasn't. I took two pain killer tablets then took my book bag to my room. I went to look in the mirror at myself, I looked like death. The injuries on my face turned a nasty purple black color and my skin looked pale. I looked away before anything else was able to come into my mind and checked the time. 4:53. It's only a 5 minute walk to school so I chose to leave now.

I locked my bedroom door and climbed out my window. I closed it so only a crack was open. Creeping around to the front of my house to see there was still no car there, I was pretty happy. I started walking back to the school where the football fields were. This might actually be a good night.

Once I got there, I was kind of nervous. What if I look stupid for going by myself or what if I run into Luke and his little demon friends? My anxiety levels kept growing and growing as I made my way to the bleachers. Suddenly I felt someone tap me on the shoulder and pull my hand making me follow with them. Just as I was about to start yelling rape, I saw Niall smile at me as he pulled me away from the crowd of teens.

"You came." He said in the adorable accent that makes me go weak at the knees.

"Uh yeah I did." wow smooth Zayn. "I... um... like football allot. Used to play." I shrugged.

"You did?" He asked I just nodded. "I'm glad you made it. So tonight if we win, there's an after party at Louis' place if you wanna come with me it would be fun. Just some people from school and the team eating and having a few drinks and playing games. You in?" Oh shit! Niall just asked me to go to a party?! I've never been to one. I've never done allot of things now that I think about it. Like kissed anyone, I'm still a virgin, I've never had a drink, never smoked, and never had a boyfriend.

"I don't know anyone. Except you and I don't know you really either, so..." I trailed off not wanting him to think I was that pathetic.

"Okay how about this, if I score the first goal and the winning goal, then you have to come. Deal?" He said reaching his hand out towards me.

"Deal." I said with a smile and a slight giggle. God, I'm such a girl around him. I took his hand and immediately I felt sparks run up my arm. I gasped at the feeling and immediately let of of his hand. "Uhem," I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Well good luck out there." Looking up to see him looking at me different. Did he see me freak out because he touch my hand?

"What? Oh yeah I play football right now! That's why I'm here, right! I'm gunna go now and get ready. Remember the deal and watch number thirteen!" He shouted the last part over his shoulder. That's was weird. I probably creep the poor kid out.

Niall's POV

Fuck! Why am I so weird? He fucking smiled and giggled. That had put me into staring at him and imagining how hot he would naked. Then I have to forget that I even live on earth and I have to go play football in about, oh 20 seconds! I sprinted to where my team mates had just finished the coin toss. We got the kick off first. I unzipped my team jacket taking it off and stripped my warm up sweats tripping last minute and falling straight on my face. I stayed there until I heard a sound that's like an angel. I got up quickly and turned to see Zayn laughing at me and smiling the biggest smile I have seen on his battered face. It even made those bruses and cuts beautiful. I just laughed back and waved. Stepping out of the pants that were around my ankles leaving them there. My number thirteen showing off on my gray and blue striped uniform.

"Where were you?!" Louis feminine voice sounded right in my ear as I went to stand next to him in line up to greet the visiting team.

"I had to make sure my uh friend? Yeah my friend was here." We're friends right or we will be soon.

"Niall, as your team captain you are the most important player. You're our main mid- fielder. You score all our points. So we need you to focus alright?" Louis said seriously, yet kind.

"Yeah I'm focused and I have to score the first goal and the hopfully winning goal. Get me the ball in the beginning and the end that's it."

"Sure mate, we can do that now go you kick off first." Louis said smiling and patting my back.

We got into our positions and the whistle blew. My instincts immediately kicked in. I kicked the ball to my left over to Louis he took it down as far as he could unill he had too many of the other teams players on him and passed it to another player on our team, Ed. I was running along side with him when he told me to go to the goal. I booked it there when I heard him slap the ball into the air. It reached me and I do my famous Horan leap, as my team calls it, and headed the ball past the keeper into the goal.

My team came and tacked me. Hugging and pats on the back were given to me as I ran back to the center for another kick off. I looked into the stands for a certain brown eyed boy, when I saw him he was clapping. I waved and smiled at him. He returned the action along with a thumbs-up.

The game kept going back and forth. We would kick off then my team would pass to me or Louis and we would score. Then the other team would score. It was halftime now and we were tied 4-4. We walked into the locker room sweaty and tired. Yet we were still very full of hope that we could win.

"Okay guys! We are tied 4-4. Now you all know that focus is important but I think we need something to drive us to the finish." Louis spoke looking at each of us in the eye. "Think of something or someone you are going to work your hardest for. You all need to get a driving factor so you don't burn out. I believe in you all. Now let's go kick some arse out there!" With that we all cheered and left the lockers. As I stepped back out on to the field I looked up the my reason of playing. Zayed was there arms wrapped around himself but went j looked at him he waved and I did the same back.

We set up again and just before the whistle blew I looked up to the sweet boy and was determined to win this for him. I surged forward after we kicked the ball off and Liam passed me the ball. I got it and ran, going passed all players in my way. I kicked the ball foward straight into the goal.

6-6 and one minute left in the game. The other team kicked off and passed it until I had enough. I went and stole the ball and ran my Irish arse off. I was using skills I have never done in my life making my way down the field. I passed to Liam, who let me run up to the goal and he passed back. I kicked with all that I had in me. All the worry and stress left my body with that last kick and I fell to the ground closing my eyes. I heard the ball hit the back of the net, the final whistle blow and the crowed go wild. My eyes shot open and my team lifted me up to my feet. We did it! We are going to the championship! Not only the Zayn in coming the the party with me.

Everyone for our school came flooding onto the field in celebration. I was looking for Zayn and when I didn't find him into he crowd I looked up to the bleachers. He was playing nervously with the sleeves of his shirt. I started making my way through the craziness to him. I ran up the stairs straight to him. He looked up, flashing me a small smile before I wrapped my arms around him. He stiffened at fist then slowly wrapped his arms around my torso. We fit together just perfectly.

"Number thirteen is pretty good." Zayn mumbled into my shoulder making my cheeks turn bright red.

A/N another update!!!:D  also cute GIF just cuz :) I'll try to update again no promises. Comment/vote Thanks for reading this agian please share the story
                      -Bri ;)