Chapter 17

Niall's POV

          We got to my house, I got his two bags from he back and went inside with him following me. I opened the door and walked into the entrance way. I heard my mums voice from the living room.

          "Niall, is that you? It's about time you got home! Come in here and tell mummy all about your date!" She yelled, I blushed.

          "Come with me. We have to tell her, alright? She has to know." I told Zayn he looked scared, but nodded. He hadn't said anything since we left his house, but I think he's just in shock of all this happening. After dropping his bags and taking his hand in mine, I walked into the living room.

          "Oh, hi Zayn. Uh you...?" My mum was obviously confused of why I brought my date home instead of leaving him at his home. Or should I say his hell.

          "We need to talk to you about something." I told her.

          "Oh god you didn't get him pregnant did you? I just read a book where that happened. Niall, I told you if you can't do it safe, don't do it at all! Remember what your dad told you before you left? Keep it in your pants! I'm too young to be a grandmother!" She yelled very worried. I was dying of embarrassment and by the red blush on Zayn's cheeks, he was in the same boat as me.

          "Mum! He's not pregnant, he's a guy for christ sake, it can't happen! I'm not going to do that on a first date either! But we need to talk to you about his living situation." I told her. She already knew he gets hurt at home, but not to this extent.

          "Oh, uh, sorry about that. Have a seat and tell me what's the problem here." She said embarrassed of her out burst. I don't know what it is with both my parents assuming I'm a slut and fuck anything that moves. Greg was like that, but my parents never knew. Me and Zayn took a seat on the couch across from my mum.

          "As you know Zayn doesn't live in a good home right now but things got worse, mum. I don't want him there anymore. I was wondering if he could stay with us." I said.

            "How much worse are we talking, Zayn?" She asked him.

          "Um, not that bad." I rolled my eyes and pulled him so he was standing up. I lifted up his shirt, ripping it off his body faster than he could stop me. Mum gasped and averted her eyes from his body. Zayn looked down trying to cover himself.

          "It's bad, he just won't say it because his dad threatened to kill him if he told." I said annoyed at the boy beside me and also wanting my mum to get her wits together and help him.

          "Zayn, oh my... come here, love." She said tears in her eyes and arms open. He looked at me and I nodded. He hesitantly walked to her. She stood up and looked over his body. I saw that his back was cut up as well. This just keeps getting worse. "I'm going to call Louis' mum, Jay. She's a nurse and can fix you up." She said running her hands over his cut up biceps.

          "No one can know! He's going to kill me if anyone knows!" Zayn pleaded.

          "I know. That's why I'm calling her. She won't tell. I'm going to keep you safe from now on. I promise." She told him pulling a crying, shirtless Zayn into a hug. They stood there both crying.

          "I want my mummy." I heard Zayn whisper and my heart broke. He can never touch her again. He can never be comforted by her. Even if he is almost an adult, he still wants his mum. But she was taken from him. It seems like almost everything has been

          "I know, baby. I'm going to try my best here to help you, alright? I'm going to call Jay. Put your shirt back on and sit down. I'll bring tea when I come back." Mum left the room but not before placing a kiss on Zayn's forehead. I gave him his shirt then cuddled him on the couch.