Chapter 2

Zayn's POV

I woke up the next morning with my body screaming in pain. I was used to it though. I would get beat by the monster and have to pretend like everything was okay. Nothing was okay though.

I got out of bed very slowly, trying not to hurt myself even more. After standing up I made my way to my draws to grab so black skinny jeans, that I was probably too fat to wear, boxers and a long sleeved black shirt. I made it to my door with much effort involved and listened for my father. Once I heard nothing I opened the door and limped across the hall to the bathroom.

Taking one glance in the mirror I couldn't believe what I saw. It was worse than any other time my dad beat me. Usually the damage was done mostly to my body not my face as much. Dark bruses outlined both my eyes that used to hold so much joy in them. Now they were nothing but empty, sad brown orbs. Bruses in the shape of fists were along side my jaw line and my lip was busted. Dried blood was still under my nose and lip.

You're discussing. He'll never like you much less look at you! I thought looking at reflection. When I couldn't take it any more I turned around and stripped my bloody tattered clothes and hopped in the shower.

I washed as quickly as I could considering how badly it hurt to move my body. Once I was out and clothed I went to brush my hair out. The dark locks some how always styled its self to a straight fringe look. It was good enough to cover my face when I looked down so that was no one could see my ugly messed up face.

Slowly making my way down the stairs I saw my father wasn't even home, so I went to the kitchen for something to eat. There was an old looking piece of bread but I hadn't eaten in days to I reached for it.

"Look at your fat self! You look like you could skip a few meals faggot!"

Flinching as I heard my dad's voice ring through my head I pulled my hand back and left the kitchen. He was right I am fat and I should probably start trying to loose weight. Maybe work out a bit more or just not eat as much.

With those thoughts, I grabbed backpack and started my walk to school. But, my life being the way it is, I couldn't even get a break there. There was a group of three boys always hitting me and confirming the low thoughts I had in my head.

Ashton Irwin, Luke Hemmings and Josh Devine. Three pricks that loved to make my life hell. Of course they didn't know I already lived in hell so they took pride in all the bruses and pain they caused me. They always had something for me, whether it was a harsh word that would sink into my brain or a punch that would leave yet another bruse.  It was always waiting. The pain that would push me closer and closer to wanting to end it all.

I was so deep in thought I didn't realize I was at the front of the school building. I looked around to see if the group of three were there, but they weren't so I made my way inside to my locker. The halls were crowded as I walked trying to hide my limp. I was still in allot of pain from last night's beating.

Once I was at my locker getting my morning books when I heard the sound that filled my dreams. His laugh echoed through the hall with a beautiful sound ringing to it. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and a small smile tugged on my busted lips. I turned around towards the angelic sound, only to make eye contact with the ever changing icy blue orbs.

However, when he looked back at me his smile faltered and his eyes went wide. I quickly turned back to get my books with an ache in my chest. He must really think I'm ugly to have that reaction looking at me. I heard him talking to one of his friends, I believe his name was Liam, saying how he was excited for the football game tonight and how it was going to be the best game of the year. Although he said he was excited, there was none in his voice. Great even I can manage to ruin his day and he is always so happy. I guess that's why I should give up now because someone as perfect as Niall Horan would never want a piece on nothingness like me in their life.

Niall's POV

Walking into school I was talking to my best mates. Liam and Harry. We were all on the football team. We knew everything about each other inside in and out. Nothing could come between the three of us. But of course one thing they didn't know was that I had a small crush on this one quiet kid in my class. I had class with him all day and I would stare... no more like observe him in hopes he would turn to look at me or talk to me. He never did though. The kid never looked up past his feet. I know he was bullied allot, but the reason? I don't know. I would always try to help him out without him knowing. Like talking to Luke and his mates to distract them from seeing the raven haired boy.

That's exactly what I did this morning. Afterwards, I caught up with my friends. We have a big game after school if we win this match then we'll get to go to the semifinals.

"Mate all we have to do is kick this teams arse and we're in!" Harry, our goal keeper, said throwing his hands up very excitedly.

"I know mate! I don't think I have ever been this excited about a football match in a while. It's actual competition this time!" I laughed. I had a horrible laugh though. It came out like an Irish explosion.

As we kept walking down the hall I felt someone staring at me so I looked to where I felt they would be. My breath hitched at who was looking at me. Zayn fucking Malik was looking at me! Then I noticed it. The boy had bruses all over his face and horrible black eyes. His bottom lip was split and swollen. My face dropped a bit and my stomach turned. But, just as quickly as we made eye contact he turned away from me quickly with his head down. Who could do that do him? He doesn't talk to anyone or give them a reason to  hurt him so who did it and why? Even Luke and his gang couldn't have done something like that.

I looked away from looking at the back of his head with a bittersweet feeling. Yes, the boy I had been crushing on since first year of high school was looking at me but he was so broken. Not just his face but his brown eyes had no life in them. It gave me more of a reason to want to be the one to put the light back in his beautiful orbs.

"Niall!!!" Liam's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I said scratching my neck awkwardly.

"I've been asking you if you knew what color of jersey we're wearing today but you spaced out on me. What's wrong with you mate? Liam asked. I look over noticing Harry was no longer with us.

"Where's the curly giant?"

"While you were spacing out he went to his class. Speaking of which, we're at ours now, but what colour are we wearing? Do you know?"

"I dunno, ask Louis though. He's captain anyway," I shrugged

Our first class was English. I hated it. The only thing I liked was I had a lovely view of a peticular boy. He sat in the desk on the row next to me but one a head of me. He was so nice to look at when the teacher was saying who knows what about things I don't care about. So it was a perfect time to look at him. But he wasn't here yet. Is he coming today? I just saw him? Did he get hurt again?! I hope not, if he did I wouldn't know what to do. It hurts me to even think of someone hurting him. He was already so fragile. I wish I could hold him and keep him safe from all harm done toward him.

Just before the bell rang Mr.Perfect came walking... limping through the door. What happened to him? He took his seat not once looking up so I just looked at him wanting to see his face again. He never talked to anyone and he never looked up. When he did no emotions were shown on his face, but I could see it in his eyes. If only I could look one more time in those eyes I could find out all that was wrong with him. I could find out what made him the way he is. I could find who he was.

I may only know what I know about him from watching the boy, but I knew enough to know he deserves to be happy. I tried thinking of what I could do to talk to him. I could just go to desk and say hi. Or I could rip off his pants and su-... Okay Niall!

I got a piece of paper out and did what I knew would get his attention and maybe even start actually talking to him.

Hey! Do you like football? 'Cause I know of a super good team playing tonight. One of the players, #13, is pretty good. Go to the game tonight and tell me how he did after, yeah?
                                                     -Niall

A/N well I hope you like it. Maybe even read it haha ok well hope you are happy and jump on rainbows!
          -Bri ;)