Chapter 6 - Class Trial

CLASS TRIAL

ALL RISE!

"Allow me to explain the rules of this special Class Trial!" Monokuma begins, sitting on his large throne-like chair "If you can figure out all the mysteries surrounding this school then only the mastermind will be punished and you'll be free to go. However, if you fail to do this, I'll punish everyone besides the mastermind, and that will end this killing game! I wonder what you will do, upupupu."

"We're gonna get out of this fucking place, obviously." Maeko clenches her fist.

"Well, the only way we can do so is by beating this game. So that's what we'll have to do now." Ichiro states.

Yukiji seems uncertain "B-but how can we figure out who th-the mastermind is? They m-m-managed to hide until n-now."

"But now we know their talent. The mastermind is the Ultimate Behavioural Biologist." Kaida tells them.

"None of us has that fucking talent." Maeko crosses her arms and glares at the floor.

"Then the mastermind is probably lying about their actual talent." Ichiro realizes "Hold on, do you remember that book in the library Fujioka-san showed everyone? It contained profiles of every student of Hope's Peak Academy. Our class might be in it too."

"I'm afraid that's not the case." Kaida sighs, holding her arm "I went to the library with the same mindset, but the final page was ripped out. The last page that was still intact was the 93rd class."

"Th-then we've got now way of f-finding the mastermind." Yukiji looks terrified.

"There has to be a way for us to expose them." Ren states "Let's not give up now."

"Oh, maybe we can tell by the research labs!" Maeko suggests with a lot of enthusiasm."

"B-but all of our labs have b-b-been opened now... And none belonged t-to the Ultimate Behavioural Biologist." Yukiji hugs herself, looking extremely nervous.

"Don't give up hope, Shintani-san. We'll find them!" Maeko beams.

'Yeah, but the research labs will be useless...' Ren realizes "The reason we couldn't find their lab is probably because the mastermind designed those labs, so they could've made theirs correspond with their fake talent."

Kaida nods "That would make sense."

"There has to be some other way to find the mastermind based on their talent though." Ichiro looks lost in thought.

"I think I have an idea." Ren speaks up.

"R-really?" Yukiji asks.

He nods "We can use the process of elimination to find the mastermind." He sighs, deep down he doesn't want to accuse his classmate of putting him and the others through this torture, but he has to "Tell me, the Ultimate Cat Lady isn't your real talent, isn't it, Shintani Yukiji?"

"M-me?"

"What the hell?! Are you fucking with us?! Shintani-san can't be the mastermind, she's too sweet to hurt a fly!" Maeko argues.

"Ren, could you please explain your reasoning to us?" Kaida asks.

He nods "Okay, so we know the mastermind has been lying about their talent the whole time, right? Then they weren't scouted for the talent they now claim to have. Our talents need a certain level of skill, even to fake one. All of our talents, except one, the Ultimate Cat Lady." Ren says the last sentence while glancing at Yukiji, who's shivering by now.

"But o-one of you could b-be lying too, right?" She suggests.

"Not if all of us have at least one witness to us using our talents." Ichiro states "I played power hockey with Kimura-kun when my lab had just opened, so he's my witness."