Chapter 1 - Class Trial

The students take the lift that was hidden behind the red door. It goes on for what feels like forever until it reaches a large room.

"Welcome in the trial room!" Monokuma announces eagerly, it's like he's been waiting for this "Take a stand at the spot with your name on it!"

Although most of them are a bit hestitant, they all take their stands. Ren is standing between Ichiro and Kagami. There's a photo of Masao where he would stand, but it's been crossed out with bright pink paint in the shape of a Christian cross.

"Why is that photo there?" Seiichi asks.

"Now, why would we leave him out of the fun just because he's dead?" Monokuma questions.

CLASS TRIAL

ALL RISE!

"Let's begin with a brief explanation of the Class Trial!" Monokuma begins, sitting on his large throne-like chair behind Yukiji "The result of the class trial will be determined by all of your votes. If you can point out the culprit, then only the culprit will be punished. However, if you vote for the wrong person, everyone except the culprit will be punished. And only the culprit who deceived everyone will be spared and will graduate!"

"B-but where do we begin?" Yukiji wonders, she seems stressed.

"Let's start the debate by talking about the cause of death." Tatsuya suggests, adjusting his glasses.

"According to the Monokuma file, Izumi-kun was stabbed in the back multiple times." Yuna points out "But can we trust anything that bear says?"

"You're so mean." Monokuma sulks.

"I can confirm the Monokuma file wasn't a fraud." Naomi speaks up.

"Oh, ya checked the body, right? Found anythin'?" Reiji asks.

Naomi nods "Yes, the wounds that were described in the file were present on the corpse. The slash was a bit sloppy, so I suspect that wound was made first to lower Izumi's chances of running away."

"What about the stab wounds?" Ichiro questions, it seems his stand has been adapted to make his wheelchair fit.

"They were rather narrow and very neat. Izumi was stabbed between the ribs, so the murder weapon must have punctured his lungs."

"How can we trust anything you say?" Aika asks "You're an experienced killer, so you are our prime suspect."

"It's true that Endo-san doesn't have an alibi, but that is the same for Azuma-kun, Yamasaki-kun, Watanabe-kun, Seto-san, Kimura-kun and you, Yano-san." Kagami reasons.

"What about you, Fujioka? You were wandering around as well." Haru points out.

"I have an alibi." Kagami responds.

"She does, I can confirm that." Kaida speaks up "I was talking to Fujioka-san in front of my dorm room when the murder occured."

Chuya frowns "But Kimura-kun and I were in Matsui-san's research lab after dinner. How do we know you weren't talking to her after you had already murdered Izumi-kun?"

"That's wrong." Ren says.

"H-huh?"

"Matsui-san and Fujioka-san went to the kitchen."

Kaida nods "Yes, I always drink tea when I can't sleep so I was heading to the kitchen. I ran into Fujioka-san on my way and she accompanied me."

"That means that they would've seen the body, if the murder had occured before they left."