Chapter 2 - Deadly Life

Monokuma has kept his promise about the cure since Tatsuya, Yukiji and Kagami have joined them too, but Seiichi had to be sacrificed to obtain it.

Kaida, who has her hand back is wiping away fresh tears and sniffles. It's understandable for her to be so upset, she and Seiichi were starting to get along really well, before... he was murdered...

He was murdered by one of them.

"My, it seems Seto-chan's death was a little too much for them. You did a rather poor job at helping him, Matsui-chan." Aika hums.

The bluenette's pink eyes widen and new tears start forming.

"Quit your whining." Naomi snaps. She roughly grabs Kaida's shoulder and drags her to the corpse, pointing at bruises on Seiichi's neck "Can you see those? Hand prints, he was strangled. So quit your sobbing and grow up."

Although the hunter is clearly pissed off, she somehow managed to calm Kaida down. The pink-eyed girl cups her hands over her mouth and slowly regains control of her breathing.

Maeko turns to Aika with fury evident in her eyes "What the fuck was that, Yano-san?!"

The brunette tilts her head "What are you talking about, Haseyama-chan?"

"Why the hell were you trying to blame Matsui-san for Ueda-kun's death?! Everyone knows she wouldn't hurt a fly!"

"She could be acting, you know~?"

Before Maeko can flip, Kaida places a hand on her arm and shakes her head. Yuna takes this oppertunity to clear her throat "Okay, let's start investigating. Endo, please check if the body has more wounds. Suzuki and Kisaragi, you're in charge of watching the crime scene. Everyone else, don't you dare slacking off."

Naomi, Tatsuya and Ichiro do as they're told while everyone else starts investigating. No one notices the bear, who is sulking because they've been ignoring him the whole time.

Ren immediately looks up the Monokuma file

The victim is Ueda Seiichi, the Ultimate Ninja.

The body was discovered in the dining hall.

The estimated time of death is around 8.00 am.

The victim died because of a hypoxic state in the vital organs.

Additionally, there are bruises on his neck.

"Another death, huh?" Kagami questions. Ren glances at the blonde next to him, she smiles "Let's work together. Matsui-san is already helping Arita-san."

Ren looks around and notices that it's indeed the case. He nods "Okay." He looks at the time of death "We need to know what everyone was doing around the time of death. You, Suzuki-kun and Shintani-san can't be the culprit because you only received the cure after Ueda-kun was killed."

Kagami hums in agreement "Furthermore, Matsui-san, Kisaragi-kun and Arita-san were watching over us, so they have an alibi as well."

The chess player types it in his Monopad "I'd still like to question them, just to make sure that none of them left around the time of death. Then we also need to collect the accounts of Endo-san, Yano-san, Yamasaki-kun, Azuma-kun, Haseyama-san and Watanabe-kun."

"And you." Kagami adds.

"True. I was in my room until the body was discovered. Matsui-san came to get me."

"Again, huh? You should work on getting an alibi when the murder occurs."

Ren rolls his eyes "Yeah, because I know when a murder is being plotted."