Chapter 1 - Daily Life 2/4

Once everyone has gathered in the dining hall Yuna stands up and clears her throat "Okay, now that everyone is here, we've got a few points we have to discuss. First: Did anyone discover something important while exploring the school?"

Ginjiro speaks up with a lot of enthusiasm "We found a storage room with-"

"Pretty much everything. We know." Yuna sighs and pinches the bridge of her nose "I meant something that seemed... out of place."

"There's a huge shutter in front of the stairs." Kagami states "That definitely seems fishy to me."

"There was also a strange, red door. It was locked." Ren adds.

Yuna nods "Yes, those things are indeed abnormal. Anything else?"

"Maybe it's a good idea to get your passes from your dorm rooms today, otherwise you can't enter your room tomorrow." Seiichi says, scaring Reiji out of his skin again.

"We are going to get them anyway because we need to sleep in our rooms, silly~" Aika, who's sitting on the other side of the ninja leans towards him with a smile.

Seiichi leans back as far as he can in his chair "S-stay away from me, please." Once Aika has gotten out of his face he sighs in relief and explains his previous statement "It's just in case people refuse to sleep in their dorms and stay up all night."

Yuna decides to continue "Okay, then we've got the next topic: who's on kitchen duty?" When no one answers she mutters something inaudible before saying "Let me rephrase that: who can cook?"

Chuya lifts her hand "I can do it."

The blonde nods "Good, thank you, Seto. Anyone else?"

It turns out Masao, Kaida, Ichiro, Tatsuya, Yuna and Ren are able to cook edible food as well. Aika offered to be on kitchen duty as well but there were... some objections.

"I'll make a scedule. Seto and Izumi will be on kitchen duty tomorrow." The synchronised swimmer doesn't waste time and continues "Now the last topic: any ideas how we're going to prevent murder?"

"B-but we're not going to kill, right?" Masao asks.

Yuna sighs "Sorry, Izumi, but we need to keep it in the back of our heads. I don't want to end up locking the stable door after the horse has bolted. Now, are there suggestions?"

Tatsuya raises his hand "I think not wandering around on your own is a good start."

"Not everyone is going to follow a stupid rule like that." Haru huffs.

Pointing a pen at him, Yuna looks up from the paper she was writing her notes on "You're going to follow it, unless you love ending up as a corpse, which is also fine by me since you're an annoying prick."

Reiji mutters "Look at who's talking."

He gets a pen thrown at his head.

"Uhm..." Kaida raises her hand "Maybe we can keep doing this? Meeting up for meals?"

"Thank you, Matsui." Yuna sighs in relief she's getting some more ideas from people and writes it down with another pen.

"Maybe we should ban wandering around at nighttime. That way we can keep an eye on everyone." Ichiro suggests.

"That's a good idea. Though we can't possibly know when someone breaks this rule, so this all requires your cooperation, capiche?" Yuna looks at everyone with an expression that says 'break-this-rule-and-I-swear-I'll-stab-this-pen-through-your-foot'.

Everyone agrees to follow that rule, even Naomi and Haru, though they seem hestitant.

When no one comes up with anything else, Yuna dismisses them.

Masao makes some small talk with Ren before the latter returns to his dorm. On his way he runs into Chuya.

"Oh, hello, Kimura-kun." She greets him with her typical smile.

"Hello, Seto-san, are you going somewhere?" The chess player questions.

Chuya rubs the back of her neck, still smiling "I forgot my e-handbook in my lab. Silly me. Goodnight in advance." The balloon artist waves and runs off.

A voice suddenly speaks up "Seto-san's smile looks strained doesn't it?"

Ren almost jumps a metre into the air, he hadn't noticed Kaida. He furrows his eyebrows "What do you mean by that?"

Kaida is still looking in the distance where Chuya ran off to "What I mean is that her smile is forced. Like she plasters it on her face and never takes it off until she's alone."

"Never noticed." Ren states.

The calligrapher smiles and looks up at him now "Pay attention to it and you'll see." She starts heading to her dorm room but looks back at Ren "Oh, Kimura-kun, it's not a sin to feel, okay?"

And with that cryptic message she disappears into her room.

Ren sighs and runs a hand through his hair, making it even messier than it already is 'She's so confusing.'

Thenhe heads back to his own room.