Chapter 3 - Deadly Life

As if on cue everyone else leaves their rooms to gather in the hallway.

"T-two of us are dead?" Ginjiro questions "I just thought the body discovery announcement messed up."

"By just looking at it you can tell it was quite brutal." Naomi states with her arms crossed.

"Who'd do s-such a th-thing?" Yukiji wonders.

"Well, it's your job to find that out!" Monokuma beams "As usual I've prepared a very useful Monokuma file for you, so please read it carefully~"

"Yeah, whatever. Fuck off already." Maeko huffs.

"How rude..."

"I might not be at good at this as Arita-san, but please listen to me." Tatsuya speaks up "Endo-san, can you examine the bodies as usual? I'll stay here to guard the crime scene so all of you can investigate." He looks determined "We will avenge Arita-san and Fujioka-san."

They nod in agreement and do as they're told.

Ren walks to a certain bluenette "Kaida, let's investigate together."

She wipes her tears away and gives a determined nod "Okay."

The chess player takes out his Monopad and looks at the file. There are two files this time. He opens the first one.

The victim is Fujioka Kagami, the Ultimate Graphic Designer.

The body was discovered in the hallway near the dorm rooms.

The estimated time of death is around midnight.

She was stabbed in her abdomen, resulting in dead.

Additionally, there are multiple wounds on her arms and hands, along with a stab wound on her right upper arm.

After memorizing the information he reads the second file.

The victim is Arita Yuna, the Ultimate Synchronised Swimmer.

The body was discovered in the the hallway near the dorm rooms.

The estimated time of death is around midnight.

The victim died because of a slit throat.

Additionally, there is a laceration on her right arm and multiple bruises on her arms.

"How cruel..." Kaida whispers.

Ren nods in agreement "I wonder who died first."

"Maybe Endo-san knows something."

"Let's ask her."

They walk to where Naomi is investigating the bodies. Kaida doesn't look happy with being near the corpses but she pushes forward.

"Endo-san, do you have any idea who was killed first?" Ren asks the hunter.

"I don't know. Usually factors like dry blood, body temperature and the stiffness of muscles can be used to determine the time of dead, but it's the same for both." Naomi responds, not looking up from her task at hand "They died around the same time, so Fujioka was most likely fatally wounded before Arita."

"How can you tell?" Kaida asks.

"Fujioka died because of blood loss from the stab wound, which is a pretty slow death. Arita's throat was slit and that is much more effective if you want to kill someone." Naomi explains.

Ren swears he can see Kaida shiver from the detailed explanation "Thank you, Endo-san." He swallows "Kaida, I'm going to look at the wounds. You don't have to be around when I do that."