Chapter 2 - Daily Life 2/4

A/N: Near the end there will be a minor spoiler about Kirigiri Kyoko's Ultimate Talent

They arrive on the next floor and split up right away. The first door Ren and Kaida encounter is on their left and it leads to another classroom, which looks just like the ones on the ground floor, including the steel plates and security cameras. There are even two people checking under the desks. It seems Maeko hasn't quit yet, she even convinced Tatsuya to join.

"Are you going to do this in every classroom?" Ren questions.

Maeko grins and rubs the back of her neck "Well... maybe."

"Your determination is admirable." Tatsuya states "Either way, I don't see any harm in this. We need to rule out every possibility that may help finding clues to escape until we finally figure it out."

"Fair enough. We'll leave this room to you then."

Once they've left the classroom Kaida speaks up "Hey, Kimura-kun, I've been thinking..." Ren looks at her and nods, giving her a sign to continue "Since we're going down with the floors, did we start at the top of the building or are we going underground? It keeps bothering me."

They pass the bathrooms and turn right at the end of the hallway.

"You have a point" Ren thinks for a moment "While the option of going underground seems more plausible, there's also the steel plates in front of the windows, but then again, those could be just covering part of the wall."

Kaida hums in agreement "True. Thanks for hearing me out."

The ravennette isn't certain why she just thanked him "You're welcome?"

The calligrapher seems to notice Ren's confusion, since she just flashes him a small dimple-smile.

In front of them is another flight of stairs with a shutter in front of it. They go through a black door on their right.

It's a research lab filled with different ninja equipment. Seiichi seems to be scanning the room while Ginjiro is happily checking everything, how he has so much energy is beyond Ren.

"This appears to be my lab." Seiichi mutters "I wish Seto-san could've seen it too."

Kaida reaches out a hand to place it on his shoulder but quickly withdraws it, she probably remembered just in time that the ninja is scared of physical contact with girls. Instead she folds her hands behind her back and smiles gently "Knowing her, she's probably watching over you right now. Plus, she's always with us, right here." Kaida taps on her chest, where her heart is "As long as we cherish our memories of her, she'll always be with us."

Seiichi smiles, you can see it in his eyes "You're right, Matsui-san, I'm sure she'd want that. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Let's remember her together, okay?"

"Alright."

Ginjiro hugs Seiichi out of nowhere "Poor Ueda-kun, you miss Seto-san, right?"

Though he seems surprised the purple head smiles either way "I do, but... she's still with me."

Leaving Seiichi to reflect on his memories with Chuya, Ren and Kaida quietly leave the lab.

"You're good." Ren states bluntly.

The bluenette seems surprised but smiles anyways "He needed to hear that, and I believe it's true. As long as we don't forget Izumi-kun or Seto-san, they won't truly leave us. Memories are powerful things, so it's better to use them wisely."