Chapter 6 - Deadly Life

"Was th-this a good idea?" Yukiji wonders "I m-mean, what if we c-can't figure it out?"

"It's worth the risk." Maeko places her hands on her hips "Or would you rather be stuck in this fucking place for the rest of your life?"

"Let's start investigating. We don't know how much time he'll give us." Ichiro states "We should split up so we can cover more ground."

Everyone agrees with the suggestion. Kaida decides she'll go to Kagami's lab, Ichiro volunteers to check the locked door near his own lab and Maeko drags Yukiji with her to look around on the next floor, which they forgot to explore.

Ren decides to do what he's best at, passing by everywhere to gather as much evidence as possible and connecting it to see the big picture.

The first previously locked door he comes across is Kagami's lab, where Kaida is digging through a file on one of the many computers. There are also multiple drawing tablets lying around in the lab that belonged to the Ultimate Graphic Designer.

"Found anything?" Ren asks, looking on the screen.

"Not yet." Kaida responds before a file suddenly asks for a password.

Ren sighs "Of course..."

He's almost given up hope until Kaida types in the numbers 31415926 and unlocks the file, which contains just a video.

"How did you know the password?"

Kaida shows him a piece of paper with the same numbers in messy handwriting, though it's not as bad as Kagami's dying message "I found this in my lab just after the second trial. Looking at the handwriting, I think it belonged to Fujioka-san."

Nodding, Ren turns his attention back to the screen "Let's take a look at the video."

"Yeah." Kaida opens the video and Kagami's face pops up on the screen.

"Hey, if you're watching I'm either showing you this, or I'm dead. Probably the latter, I doubt the mastermind would want to keep me around this long." It's strange to see their dead classmate appear on a screen and talk to them so casually "Anyways, sorry. I don't have much time, but I have some important information about the mastermind, their talent." Kagami's look becomes a little darker and more serious "The talent of the mastermind is the Ultimate Behavioural Biologist. That's all I can tell you. Good luck."

The screen turns black.

"Ultimate Behavioural Biologist?" Ren repeats, confused. How's that supposed to help? No one has a talent like that.

"And I thought it'd be easy." Kaida sighs "I'll go look at that book Fujioka-san showed us in the library. It has student profiles in it, right?" She smiles and waves "Bye."

Returning the wave, Ren decides to see how Ichiro is doing.

The silverette is sitting behind a desk and staring at a bunch of papers lying on top of it. He looks deep in thought.

He probably heard the door though, because he speaks up "Hello, Kimura-kun."

"Did you find any clues here?" Ren decides it's better to just get to the point.

"I'm not sure." Ichiro gestures towards the chess player that he should come closer "I found these floor plans."

"They're probably of this building, right?" Ren questions while walking towards the desk.

Ichiro shakes his head "No. On the papers is written that these are the floor plans of Hope's Peak Academy, but... they don't match up with the floor here."