Chapter 3 - Class Trial

CLASS TRIAL

ALL RISE!

"Let's begin with a brief explanation of the Class Trial!" Monokuma begins, sitting on his large throne-like chair "The result of the class trial will be determined by all of your votes. If you can point out the culprit, then only the culprit will be punished. However, if you vote for the wrong person, everyone except the culprit will be punished. And only the culprit who deceived everyone will be spared and will graduate!"

"How about we start with the murder weapon again, like we always do?" Tatsuya suggests.

"The murder weapon was a sharp object that can be used for both cutting and stabbing." Naomi says.

"Something like a knife." Ichiro muses.

"It was probably a kitchen knife!" Ginjiro exclaims.

"No, that's wrong." Ren states "The murder weapon was a survival knife from Endo-san's lab. Shintani-san found it."

"The c-culprit hid it in th-the library." Yukiji confirms "In a d-drawer."

"They probably tried to dispose of the evidence there." Kaida adds.

"And they fucked up." Maeko crosses her arms "Well done, Shintani-chan!"

"But the survival knife is from Endo-san's lab, right? That makes her suuuper suspicious~" Aika hums.

"Not really. My lab doesn't have a lock. Anyone could have taken it." Naomi disagrees "Plus, even if the culprit didn't know about those, they could've been looking for a weapon in general."

"You seem very keen on suspecting Endo." Haru states "You've been trying to blame her for every murder now."

"Well her talent makes her an amazing killer, right~?" Aika bounces on her feet, grinning "I don't get why all of you trust her so much~. She isn't even fazed by those dead bodies."

"You aren't either." Tatsuya deadpans.

"Are you suspecting me? Suzuki-kun, you're so meeean!"

Kaida tilts her head "Are you okay, Yano-san?"

"Nooo, everyone is being super mean to me! Come on Matsui-chan, you know how sweet I am!"

"Yano-san, quit your fucking fake-crying! My ears are bleeding!" Maeko shouts.

"Hm? How you're sooo rude Haseyama-chan~." Aika giggles.

"Can we continue?" Ichiro huffs.

"Yup~!"

"Then may I suggest the next topic of debate?" Tatsuya asks "I've been wondering, who died first?"

"Both of them died around midnight." Haru answers.

"Ah, let me rephrase that question. Who was attacked first?"

'Who was attacked first? I know the answer.' Ren decides to respond "Fujioka-san was attacked first."

"How the fuck do you know that?" Maeko questions.

"Endo-san told me."

"That's right. Fujioka was injured first." Naomi agrees "For them to die around the same time, she had to be injured first, because Arita's death was instant, and Fujioka's wasn't."

"Arita-san died instantly, while Fujioka-san bled to death." Kaida agrees, looking down.

"But why were they in the hallway?" Ginjiro wonders.

"Wh-why is that important?" Yukiji questions.

"We banned wandering around during nighttime. Why would they be outside their dorm rooms?"