Thirty Seven

Mulai dari awal

"Yeah, I remember. Especially the part where you ran out of my room crying." 

"Do you know why I cried, Jungkook?"

"That's the only part I can't remember clearly." He tried hard to try and remember but it was getting him nowhere. "Why are you bringing it up anyway?"

"I ran out of your room crying because...that was the day you broke my heart. Even though you didn't know it." He rubbed his neck out of embarrassment, definitely stunned by the choice of words.

"I apologise for whatever I said to you back then but what is this all about, Lisa?" She smiled as she was finally going to tell him how she felt, after a few years.

But she knew that she would face instant rejection. She was definitely not afraid of it..at least not anymore.

"I like you, Jungkook." A tear rolled down her cheek but quickly wiped it off. Jungkook's face was blank, completely void of emotion. "And I have for a long time."

He quickly stood up turning to face the girl. He was angry. Why was she even telling him this? Did she want him to break up with the love of his life and get together with her? No..That's not waht he was going to do.

"Lisa, you know I'm in love with Y/N, right? And that we're dating." He looked at her, anger written all over his face but he had still managed to remain slightly calm.

Her smile fell as she slowly pulled away from her fantasy, reality taking a swing at her.

"I know. I just wanted to get that off my chest. Deep down I somehow knew that you would never share the same feelings I had for you. I always saw the way you looked at her, the way you smiled when she walked into the room. I knew it all but I still thought I would have a chance to get together with you. I could've saved myself the heartbreak, right?" She paused for a bit, grabbing a moment to catch her breath then continued.

"But no. I hated her for it. I hated Y/N because she was getting the attention that I wanted from you. That even though you weren't together, you still looked like a couple."

This was getting too much for him now. His fists were balled up hard ready to feel any sort of impact as he heard the words flow so effortlessly from her mouth.

Why didn't he stop her sooner?...He knows the reason behind his lack of action but tried to blame it on something else.

Taking three short breaths in and one breathe out his fists slowly loosened before falling limply at his sides.

"Lisa-" He wanted to speak ip but he had been immediately cut off. He finally looked at her noticing the many tears that fell onto her cheeks.

"Let me finish, Jungkook. Could save me a few tears." He slowly walked up the stairs as she continued on her rant. She was hurt and he couldn't deny that. He listened to her.

"I did bad things and looking back, I'm.jot proud of them. And my actions just made me realise how bad of a person I actually am. I don't deserve the 'friends' I think I have now because they are wonderful people. That's why I disappeared today. I wanted to just think all this through and decide to talk to you. I understand if you hate me-" He finally made it to the top of the stairwell and sat beside her.

"I know." He said making Lisa look up at him with her teary eyes.

~~~