"How is she?" Jennie asks as I look at her. I feel so confused. Does she know my mom, too? If she does, I am sure we are closed. I want to ask her, but I think it's not the right time to do so.

"She's doing okay now," I reassure her.

"Could I go to see her?" She asks. Her sound is more like a pleading, so I agree.

---

"Mom," I walk to her bed as she gives me a smile. Her face turns shocked when Jennie walks to her, "Hi, Ms. Manoban." She bows in respect. And, my mom? She sits up instantly and bolts towards Jennie and hugs her as if she was her own daughter. "Uhh, mom. You are confusing me. I am your daughter. I mean, uhhh."

"Shut up, Lisa." She shouts playfully. Well, she doesn't look sick anymore.

She takes Jennie's hand in her palms, "I miss you so much, dear. Why didn't you tell me you come?" She turns to me. "Wait, Lisa. You took her here?" I nod.

"You didn't get any headache or something?"

"Mom, this is the same question Chaeng asked me since Jennie arrived. What's wrong with you?" I inquire.

She ignores me and gives all of her attention to Jennie. Today, mom is a little strange to me.

"I miss you too." Jennie gives her gummy smile to my mom, causing a warm feeling inside me.

They sit on the couch inside the room, talking for a while before my mom utters something that makes me feel more confused than I do now. "Jennie, work in our company. I am sure you still miss your position there."

"What position, mom?"

"Umm, nothing."

"Everyone seems to know Jennie well, including you and Chaeng. It means she is important in my life, but why I don't remember her?" I blurt out without thinking. Sadness flashes in her cat-like eyes, which I just notice.

"It's easy to understand, Lisa," Jennie utters as my mom squeezes her hand.

She bites her bottom lip before adding, "It means I am not important in your life." Her words are like knives to my heart. Everything turns to silence.

I challenge, not wanting her to feel she is anyone who can just make me feel uncomfortable because I am not that kind of submissive person. "Well, I have to say I agree with you because usually, I remember all the important ones in my-"

"LISA!" My mom cuts me off, anger in her eyes.

"Mom, I just agree with her. What's wrong?" I say in annoyance.

"I don't want you to regret when you-" And, when my mom is about to continue something that I am sure will make me more confused, Jennie stands up, looking at my mom. "I am sorry, Ms. Manoban. I have to go now."

Mom doesn't protest as if she knows what Jennie needs.

"You are right. I am not that important to make someone like you remember who I am." Then, she leaves without waiting for my words.

As the door slams shut, I am sure she is furious or something.

I turn around, "What is going on with this girl?"

"She is normal. Nothing is wrong with her, but I am afraid it's wrong with you." Mom gets angry, looking away as I go to sit next to her. "Come on, mom."

"You were so rude to her." She raises her hand up when I want to protest. "Lisa, I want her to work at our company. She is smart, and I don't want to lose such human resources from my hand. Go and make her agree. If she doesn't agree, I won't talk to you anymore. You made me lose my opportunity when I tried to convince her."

"Mom,"

She shakes her head, "Go now, Lisa. If you are successful, I will agree to stop working so hard."

"Really?" I am trying to tell her a hundred times to reduce her time from work because she is so weak these days, but it goes in vain. And now?

"Yeah, if she works with you, then I don't have to worry about you. She will take care of you I am sure about it." Her eyes gleam with happiness.

"Okay," I agree.

I never see my mom this happy since I woke up, so I bolt outside, trying to find Jennie, hoping she's still here.

I think she has already left because it's been fifteen minutes. I roam outside and about to go back when I see a glimpse of her sitting on the bench in front of the hospital.

I walk towards her, tensed as I see her sobbing. I feel awkward as if I am the one who causes her pain, but who could make her cry. She looks strong when she confronts me.

"Who?" I ask, sitting beside her.

She looks at me without blinking, and then looks away. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't act, Jennie. I ask who made you cry. I am gonna kill him." I state seriously.

She laughs, amused, "You can't,"

"I can. I am Lalisa Manoban. I can do everything." I joke.

"Why did you come here?" She asks, ignoring my question.

"Well, my mom said I was rude to you. I am sorry if I am, okay? I didn't do it intentionally."

"It's okay," She says, dryly.

I grab her wrist, making her eyes widen in shock. "What?"

"I'll take you home," I walk her to the parking lot without listening to her complaining all the way.

~~~~

Happy New Year's Eve, guys. I wish you all the best and thank you for your support. 

See you in 2020, 🎆  🎊