Words to Change Campaign Launch!

Toxic people exist; a very sad but very true fact about the world of social media. Hoax, hate speech and social media abuse happen every minute, every second. Who knows? It might be happening right now on one side of a platform. 

Sadly, Wattpad is one of those platforms. Looking for attention, looking for fame, some people (even me) are willing to go to extreme lengths just to get it. When others get it, they can hate that person. They can despise them with all their heart. And honestly, at times, it's understandable. Hate can impact one's self-esteem horribly. It can hurt them. It can form scars that they might never recover from. 

I have only been active on Wattpad as a writer for more than a year, but I have already seen toxicity at its worst, even reporting someone just because they didn't share the same opinion. I don't agree on that. While I DO believe in second chances, this can NOT be allowed to continue. Staying passive won't make the hate magically go away. 

No. 

It has to be stopped little by little. 

Changing the world, step by step. 

That is what I aim for. 

That is how this campaign came to be. 

The Words to Change campaign is a campaign set to be on Wattpad (I'm planning on expanding to other sites soon, but I'm focusing here for now.) to combat toxicity and to help heal mental scars using words. While I am aware that most people say that actions mean more, we cannot have actions online. 

Anyway, this campaign has roles: 

1. Writer: These people use their stories to inspire others. Using the sticker provided below plus the tag #wordstochangecampaign , they will bring hope to others! 

 Using the sticker provided below plus the tag #wordstochangecampaign , they will bring hope to others! 

2. Roleplayer: These people will use their role-plays to inspire others. Just tag me at one point of the RP plus the #wordstochangecampaign to make it eligible. 

3. Counsellor/Motivator: They will go around and motivate others to be better, listening to others who need help in DM or comments. They can give advice, but make sure to tell them that it's all their choice whether they want to do it or not. The only thing they need here is the sticker. This is also needed by all the people who are participating in this campaign. Please put it on your profile. Background or main, I don't particularly care. Just put it on please!

 Just put it on please!

4. Spread-The-Worders: They will be the ones who spread the word and check up on anyone who used the tag. kwhel22venusauraOcarinaDude13DhhffhjfvbhnnPositiveChain are my current helpers, but I'm hoping that XxFallen_GodxXGvJevithaBethanyyangera-_Crimson-Moon_-, and ProjectSuicidal will join in eventually! They can also be one of the other roles above!

In order to join, just comment "WTC" below with the occupations you want to join, and use the tags! Let's spread love, everyone!

~Ficmata

P.S. My username will be changed to FictionalMagicTamer on 31 December 2019, so be prepared for the change! 

P. P. S. I am so sorry to Jeremy if I come off as clingy. Please forgive me!