W A R M H A N D S

(Earlier that day)

.

.

.

Mira's feet managed to carry her towards the porch of Janet's mansion only barely. It was pouring rain, unusual for Los Angeles, but even here in the sunniest of cities, it is said that, sometimes, the clouds just could not hold it in anymore, either. She politely thanked the driver for the ride after he handed her the suitcase and hectically tried to put her jacket over her head to prevent her hair from getting soaked. Whilst dragging her suitcase upstairs until she made it to the porch, a few strands managed to fall back into her face and, due to the rain, cling to her fairly wet skin. She took a deep breath out, put her hair back behind her ears and rang the door bell. Clearing her throat, she could feel the hair on her skin standing up against the fabric of her jeans, most likely due to the cold breeze. The wind continued to blow, causing the raindrops to feel like little needles piercing through her skin. She needed to get inside, and that quickly. Why didn't anybody answer the door?, she thought, impatiently tapping her foot on the cement.

 Why didn't anybody answer the door?, she thought, impatiently tapping her foot on the cement

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"M! Babe, come here!", Janet's smile beamed at her when she swiftly pulled her in for a hug.

"Girl, you're dripping!", her statement was answered by an unimpressed facial expression gracing Mira's face.

"Yeah, I'm sure it sounds crazy, but it's a little bit rainy outside. Fool...", she joked back.

After Janet had accompanied her to her room upstairs, Mira kept herself busy with unpacking her suitcase for the rest of that rainy night.

---

"Hey, babe!", she heard Janet's voice from the other side of the door, followed by three gentle knocks. Her head turned around an instant.

"Yeah come in, I'm not naked, yet!", she giggled. Janet entered the room, sitting down on the king size bed, folding her arms in a slightly amused manner.

"Too tired, or do you think we could catch up a bit downstairs? I got a new record player last week and I still have to inaugurate it with a vinyl.". Of course, Mira's burning eyes from tiredness in combination with the prior conditioned plane air said no. However, they did so only after she heard the word "Yes" leaving her lips. So, they spent the rest of that rainy night, this time without interruption, having a glass of red wine while listening to one of Otis Redding's records. They talked about Janet's current world tour, their favorite new tracks in the charts, a few of Mira's upcoming projects, why Risotto a little bit more al dente was the best thing in the entire world, you know, the usual stuff. They went to bed quite late, it must have been around 2a.m. and it was still pouring rain.
The next morning, she was woken by the sunlight. Not gently, however, it gleaming through the curtains and then slowly crawling up her bedsheets. No, it was rather more unaesthetically like her turning around and having the rays practically punching her in the face. She quickly shut her eyes closed, pure reflex. A loud groan escaped her mouth, followed by her throwing her head back on the white satin pillowcase.