\.Owe You Something./

Tuesday, - June 21, 1988

"I'll go check on him real quick, ok?"
I said while examining my gray pencil skirt in the mirror.

"I'll go check on him real quick, ok?"I said while examining my gray pencil skirt in the mirror

Amy turned around to me.
"Yeah sure, I'll go make you some coffee in the meantime!"
"Oh thanks!That's so sweet of you."
After placing my hand on her shoulder, I turned around and headed towards Michael's suite.I thought about yesterday again - I immediately called Adri when I got home and she was so happy for me.Well, at first she didn't believe me of course but after I was able to tell her so many details, she was just screaming through the phone.It was so cool to talk to her again...
I decided to walk up the stairs since there was already a big bunch of people standing in front of the elevator.

As I walked down the long corridor, heading to the last room which was Michael's - I could see the door of his suite suddenly flying open.Approaching it, I then watched Becky coming out of it while buttoning up her shirt.
What in the world was that all about now?
She smirked to herself and as she noticed me staring at her, the grin on her face only became bigger.I just walked past her, trying not to give her the attention she so obviously needed.
That girl.
I have to admit, I was a bit afraid of what I would be seeing behind that door.Hopefully he would be wearing clothes.
Wow, I never thought I'd say this sentence ever...
I knocked on his door, waiting for him to open it.After what felt like hours I could finally see the doorknob turning and was greeted by a confused looking Michael.His hair was all messed up and you could tell that there had been something going on because of the very visible red lipstick on his neck.While he tried to tuck the white shirt into his black trousers he just blankly stared at me.I cleared my throat, not wanting him to feel even more embarrassed than he already was.
"Hey!Uhh - I just wanted to check on you, are you alright?"
"Yeah - I mean - it was all just fine, really."
He tried so badly to make this awkward situation more comfortable for the both of us but I couldn't fully hide the enormous smile that was building up on my face anymore.
"I see we did enjoy the first night here already, am I right?"
To be honest I really couldn't imagine him doing it with her...That just didn't fit his personality but it was just too funny to watch him being so confused - and being so damn cute at the same time!He stared at me with his big eyes.
"What?I - I mean yes, I did enjoy the ni- ouh wait.No no no!"
He raised his hands in denial.
"I - I didn't - we didn't, ugh!"
I chuckled and looked at him as he confusingly ran his fingers through his messy curls.
"Listen, you really don't have to - well, explain yourself or anything.Just-"
"No it's really not what you think!Just - could you maybe come in for a second, please?"
I nodded and stepped into his suite with him holding the door open for me.He then closed it, putting his hands into his pockets.
"Ok, so...20 minutes ago I heard a knock on my door and as I opened it I saw this girl from yesterday... - uhh, Re-, Be-."
He snapped his fingers, trying to get the name.
"You mean Rebecca?"
I asked him.
"Yes!Rebecca...Well, she was standing there and when I asked what she wanted she told me that she had to fix something in my room.Then-"
"And you let her in?Where were your security guards at that moment?"
He took one hand out of his pocket, lightly rubbing his arm.
"I guess they were still in bed...Anyways, she just walked into my room and tried to fix something on my bed and when I approached her - she..."
"Yes?"
I still couldn't help but smile a little - he's so freaking cute when he doesn't know what's going on.
"She basically threw herself at me!She started to unbutton her blouse and - I was just shocked...She whispered things in my ear and I was like - I couldn't move."
That poor guy.I really wished I'd been here earlier...He went on.
"And then she started running her fingers through my hair and kissing me, hugging me - it was awful!Luckily I was able to put her away from me in the end.After that, she just acted as if nothing happened and quickly ran to the door!I just can't believe she did that..."
I shook my head.What in the world is wrong with that lady?
"Me neither!What was she even thinking?That's just rude - and besides that she isn't even supposed to be responsible for you nor is she a hotel maid.She's actually working at the restaurant which belongs to this hotel."
"Really?Oh boy..."
I put my hand on his shoulder.
"Hey, I know what she did was totally stupid and wrong but I promise you this won't happen again, ok?"
He looked into my eyes.
"Yeah...Thank you Miss Abelin."
I giggled, putting a little strand of hair behind my ear.
"Oh please, it's nothing - and call me Mira, otherwise I feel so much older than I already am..."
He chuckled.
"Well, thank you Mira - but you're not even old!"
"Well that's what you say but I sometimes feel like an old woman who could definelty need a cane here and there..."
We both started laughing.
"I'm sure you're way much younger than me though."
His eyes glistened while he leaned against the wall.
"Oh you think so?"
I chuckled.
"What if I told you I'd be 34 already?"
He slightly gasped.
"No way!You look so much...younger."
"Yeah I hear that a lot - probably because...I also am much younger."
He raised his eyebrows at me.
"So you're saying that you're not older than me?"
And he even is intelligent!I started giggling yet again.
"Yeah, I just turned 25..."
He looked down, putting his hand on his bottom lip.Then he looked at me, extending his hand.
"Well, then - Happy Belated Birthday-"
He deeply looked into my eyes as I shook his hand.
"Mira."
I could feel myself blushing really hard.This man does things to me...
"Thank you."
I smiled and so did he.I cleared my throat.
"So...the reason I came was - I actually wanted to ask you about the night and...yeah, just check on you I guess."
"Well, besides the little incident earlier - everything else is perfectly fine.This suite is really beautiful..."
"I'm glad to hear that - and about what happened earlier, I'll talk to her about that.I'm so sorry."
"Oh please, don't blame yourself for that - it's not your fault at all!"
I nodded, slowly breathing out.
"Ok...uhm, if there's nothing else I can do for you..."
Looking at him, I waited for his answer.
"Oh no, everthing's really nice here - and the view is just breathtaking!Paris is so pretty."
"Yeah I know, right?I just love this city so much, I wish I'd be living here..."
"You're not from Paris?"
He sounded a bit surprised.
"Nooo - I'm living in America.Well, actually I was born in Vancouver but we moved to Washington when I was about 10 years old..."
"That sounds so interesting!So you're new to Paris as well, or...?"
"Oh no, I'm always working here during study break and since my uncle owns all of this, I really enjoy coming here and visiting my family too.
"Yeah, that's great - and you said you're studying?"
I nodded.
"Mhh, I study psychology at the Pepperdine University in Malibu.But I'm almost done - the last year was basically just doing internships at different hospitals and clinics all over the planet and in July I'll be doing my last one."
"Wow!And do you already know what topic you wanna focuse on in particular?I mean like working with adults or-"
"Ouh yeah.I uh - definitely wanna work with children!"
His eyes directly lightened up.
"I'd love to work in a Pediatric Clinic and help both children and their families..."
"That's - beautiful, really!"
"Thanks...well I just hope to get a job back in the US, otherwise I won't get to see my family and friends, you know?"
"Yeah I understand...But I'm sure you'll make it anywhere!"
He warmly smiled at me.
"Honestly - if you say so, I really think that's gonna happen!"
We chuckled.I wanted to hug him so badly at that moment but I just had to keep my composure.
"Well, I uh - I think I need to go back to the reception...But if there's anything that bothers you - no matter if it's another girl throwing herself at you-"
He giggled.
"Or if you just need help or have a question, then call me, ok?"
"Yes, I will.Thank you for everything..."
He opened the door for me.
"It's no problem, really."
I turned around to look at him again as he stood in the doorframe.
"Just one tiny little thing..."
I said, folding my arms.
"Yes?"
"If you - I mean I could totally understand if you wanna complain about what happened earlier and gonna tell my uncle - but then he'll directly put all the blame on me, since I'm responsible for you and the crew...So if you wouldn't tell him - that would be very nice and kind of you..."
I gave him a bright smile.
"Please...?"
He chuckled, dramatically rubbing his chin.
"Hmm...No I - I won't tell him!...How could I still say yes by seeing that captivating smile..."
Hearing that, I smiled even more.
"So you're not gonna tell him?Oh that's so so nice of you!"
I touched his shoulder.
"Thank you Michael!"
He shyly smiled and blushed a bit.Awww.
"You're welcome."
I took a step backwards again.
"I owe you something I guess!"
"Oh yeah, I'll definitely come back to that..."
He smirked at me and with both of us laughing, I looked at him one more time.
"I see you later Mr.Jackson."
"I hope so!"
I heard his voice coming from behind me and with that I turned around to walk down the hallway as I smiled to myself.He's so perfect...so cute, hot and simply beautiful - and he made me feel something I haven't felt in a long time, something that made me want him to like me so badly!
But before I'd find myself daydreaming again I had to talk to Becky first.
...