\.Pay You Back./

Friday, - August 26, 1988

I took one last look in the mirror, examining my outfit.I had put on a mostly black dress which was made of light silk and I could already feel it would be a good choice to wear tonight since even in the evening it remained quite hot and sticky here in London, even when the sun wasn't even shining anymore.

I had put on a mostly black dress which was made of light silk and I could already feel it would be a good choice to wear tonight since even in the evening it remained quite hot and sticky here in London, even when the sun wasn't even shining anymore

I carefully tried to put one last strand into my bun, adjusting my dress and turning around in front of the mirror to check my outfit from behind.Taking a step closer to the mirror in my small bedroom, I made sure that my brown eyeshadow as well as my lipstick were still flawless.Pleased with the way I looked, I quickly grabbed my car keys and walked towards the door, turning off the light and closing it behind me.
I still couldn't believe that he'd ask me to dine with him again!After I got his call yesterday and he told me that he was back in London, staying at the same hotel, I found myself getting all excited and happy again...I quickly headed down the stairs and walked towards my car which I had parked around the corner.As I opened the driver's door and sat down on the seat with my purse being placed next to me, I directly put the key into the ignition, starting the engine.I then pulled out of the parking lot, driving up to the May Fair Hotel.

At the hotel...
"Hello, I'm here for Mr.Jackson.I should be meeting him at his suite."
I politely explained, standing in front of the reception desk while being closely observed by two blue eyes through glasses.
"May I ask what your name is, Miss?"
"Abelin, Mira Abelin."
"I see...Well, Miss Abelin, have you got any identity card with you - or your driver's license?"
I grabbed my purse, searching for my portemonnaie.Opening it, I luckily saw that I was carrying my driver's license with me.I quickly handed it to the blonde woman.
"Here..."
I gave her a small smile although I didn't expect her to return it.
"Well, unfortunately-"
She looked up from her desk, placing my card on the counter.
"This won't be enough to let you in.Do you have any proof that you should be meeting him or anything that could provide your identification?"
She asked, sounding as if I could've planned something horrible or was about to kill him.Why did she even ask for my license then?
"I don't think so, sorry ma'am.But I'm telling the truth, really.He-"
"Yeah, sure.That's what anybody could tell me."
She scoffed.
"Well, you...could call him, I'm sure he can convince you since it's him who asked me to-"
"Listen, I've really got more important stuff to do than to take care of your little problems.I'm sure you're a big fan of him and wanna meet him and stuff - but that won't happen, ok?Even less when you lie to me like that."
Damn, what's her problem?
"But I'm not lyi-"
"Miss, please leave the building now.Or I have to call security."
She said, folding the papers in front of her and looking up at me.She stood up from her seat, giving me an evil stare.
"Can't you just call him, please?Then you'd see that I'm telling the truth..."
I took a deep breath out, waiting for her answer as only her back was facing me, making me feel totally ignored.
"Ma'am?"
I politely asked, making her turn around again.
"I said no!Geez, why can you fangirls not just back up an-"
She raised her voice but being soon interrupted by another voice.
"Is everything alright in here?"
We both turned around, noticing a dark brown haired man approaching us.He was wearing a black suite and must've been in his early thirties.He gave me a quick smile, adjusting the collar of his white button up shirt.The woman sighed deeply as her cheeks turned bright red.
"Well, I...this girl right here-"
She pointed at me.
"wants to go to Mr.Jackson but - is not even able to...identify herself."
She stuttered as the man, probably the boss of this hotel, leaned against the reception counter, watching her closely.He slowly nodded his head.
"Is that right, Miss...?"
He asked, his bright eyes staring into mine.
"Abelin...And, no!I have to, well rather got invited by Mr.Jackson himself, to meet him here tonight - as I, by the way, already did a couple of days ago!And I did identify myself-"
I hold up my driver's license.
"but I wouldn't even get a chance to proof that I'm telling the truth."
I explained, noticing the woman rolling her eyes at me.What for god's sake did I do wrong?
"Well, we could easily ask him, right?"
He smiled at me.
"Bu-"
"It's okay Melissa, I'm gonna take care of that."
He interrupted her.
"Well, if you'd follow me towards his suite then.If he does indeed know you, he'll surely recognize you right away!"
"Yeah, thank you."
I answered, putting my license back into my portemonnaie and grabbing my purse to follow him through the big lobby.
"I'm sorry for causing so much trouble - the last times I visited him weren't that complicated..."
I lightly scratched my head as we walked up the stairs.
"You don't have to apologize...I guess she - just has a bad day."
He smiled, causing me to chuckle.
"And you honestly don't look like somebody who wants to kill him or something..."
"Oh thank you, I haven't received such a charming compliment in a long time."
I sarcastically answered, making both of us laugh as we continued to walk down the long hallway which must lead to his suite.
"Here we are."
He knocked on the door, rubbing his chin.Then the door opened.
"Mr.Jackson, I'm sorry for disturbing you but...I have to make sure you and her-"
He looked at me, then back at him.
"are familiar with each other."
The good looking man explained as I noticed Michael's eyes being focused on my outfit.
"Yeah, sure!I know her."
He gave me a warm smile.
"Oh, I'm glad - then I won't be bothering you any longer."
"But - you did search her for any kind of weapons or poison?I just don't want this to end like the last time when we met."
Is that little boy crazy or something?
I turned around to the man, then black to a total serious looking Michael.
"I don't know what he-"
I tried to defend myself as the man raised his eyebrow at me.
"I'm just joking!It's alright, really!"
Michael broke his all too serious facial expression, his pearly whites showing as he laughed.
"Michael!He probably thinks I'm gonna murder you or something!"
I exclaimed but soon after heard the man also chuckle from behind me.
"Have a good night, sir.If there's anything else you wish for, just call the reception."
He smiled.
"Ma'am."
He lightly bowed down, turning around to leave as I faced Michael again.
"You're unbelievable!"
I gasped, lightly punching his chest.
"I'm also glad to see you."
He giggled, pulling me into a warm hug.
"I hate you."
I smiled at him, shaking my head.
"Aww, you're just too sweet."
He chuckled, stepping to the side to let me in.I took a few steps into the big living room, putting my purse to the side as he adjusted his red button-up shirt.I took a relieving breath out.
"How come you needed to be brought up here by the boss himself, Miss?"
Michael smirked at me.
"The woman from the reception didn't believe me that I really was here to meet you and then she got very mean and - yeah..."
He chuckled, shaking his head.
"Hey, it wasn't funny ok, especially not when they think I'd kill you."
I said although I wasn't able to hide my smile as well.
"Michael, aren't you gonna introduce me to that beautiful woman next to you?"
I suddenly heard a sweet voice coming from across the room.I quickly turned my head to my right, soon after looking at a rather old but really kind looking woman.She had black hair and was looking at me, smiling.She looked so much like Mic- oh damn!
That's his mother!
"Oh, sorry mother."
He gave her a quick smile, lightly putting his right hand around my waist.
"Mira, this is my mother Katherine.Mom, that's Mira."
She gave me a bright and honest smile, extending her hand as I lightly grabbed it.
"It's very nice to finally meet you - after Mike already told me so mu-"
His eyes turned big as he stared at her.
"Told me uhm...so, so less about you that I can't wait to get to know you better."
I chuckled, knowing exactly what she wanted to tell me - and it was so sweet.
"It's my pleasure, really.If Michael had told me you'd be here-"
I looked at him.
"I had brought something with me for you but-"
"Oh honey, it's totally fine!"
She put her other hand above mine, still smiling.
"Well, then - shall we eat something?I could definitely need something now, after the concert."
Michael explained.
"Sure...Did you - watch the concert today, Mrs.Jackson?"
I politely asked.
"Yes, oh and - call me Katherine please."
She smiled yet again, walking towards the dining table.
"You could've told me that she'd be here too!Then I had put on something more...formal."
I whispered, looking at Michael's face as we slowly approached the big table.
"Don't worry, you look amazing."
He smiled, gazing into my eyes as I felt my cheeks turning a bit red.
"Thanks...but I'm still gonna pay you back for that."
We both giggled as we parted to sit down at the table.I was honestly excited how this would turn out to be...Katherine seemed to be the most lovely and kind hearted person to be on this earth, besides Michael of course.

About two hours later...
"That was so cool, your mother is so lovely!You got that from her..."
I gave him a big smile, leaning against the doorframe.
"Oh, thanks.I'm gonna tell her that you like her tomorrow."
He winked.
"Is she joining you for the rest of the tour?"
"Noo...Just until the European leg is finished - so until he 12th or 13th of September or something..."
"Cool, I'm sure she's very proud of you though."
I exclaimed.
"Well, I hope so...But she saw me growing up with singing, so I guess she...Oh shoot!"
His eyes turned big.
"I almost forgot to..."
He quickly went towards the table in the living room, grabbed something and then walked back to me.
"Here, this is for you!"
He handed me the envelope.
"Thanks...What - what is it?"
I asked, wondering what he could've got me and why.
"Well, I've learned that - to find out what's inside of an envelope - you have to open it!"
He dramatically gasped.
"Very funny!"
I shook my head as he looked at me.I then opened the white envelope and carefully pulled two pieces of paper out of it.
"Are these...concert tickets?"
I already felt my mouth forming to a big smile.
"Yeah...I - I've heard that this guy must be quite good at what he's doing...So I thought you'd like to go there!"
He smirked at me.I laughed.
"You're so crazy!These are tickets for your concert!"
I gave him a quick hug.
"Thank you so so much!Really Michael, that means the world to me..."
"You're welcome and you - can bring a friend of course.I don't want you to go alone, you know?"
He explained.
"Oh, that's so awesome!Thanks!And...where is it taking place?"
I asked, turning the tickets around so that I could maybe find out more about the location.
"In Liverpool, at Aintree Racecourse I think."
"Oh, yeah I see.Great!"
"Does this add up with your internship?"
"Uhm...Yes - yeah it does.My internship lasts until - wait, when is it again?"
"11th of September."
He quickly answered.
"Oh yeah.This will work - my internship lasts until September 7!I'm so excited already!"
I exclaimed, holding the tickets close to my chest as he giggled.
"I'm glad, really!I thought you liked it since you told me you weren't able to go when I was in Italy.But these are just normal tickets - it were the last two ones I could possibly get.So you unfortunately won't be able to watch me backstage or from a reserved place..."
"I don't care!This is so wonderful, honestly.Thank you so much for that."
I almost cried at this point...Not just because he got me one of the best presents I probably ever received but also for he had remembered what I told him about the other concert in Italy!He really listened and he also seemed to care as well.
"You're welcome."
He giggled, wrapping his arms around me yet again.
"Oh, I've got something for you too!I'm so stupid.Wait..."
I pulled away from his warm embrace, opening my purse to search for the gift I had for him since he'd turn 30 in just three days.So I had bought him a little notebook since his one looked so full already, along with a scarf.And from the night when we were watching the sunrise, I'd been picking a sunflower and lavender and dried the petals, so that I could put them all into an empty jam glass.So everytime he'd open it, he could smell the scent of the petals and would remember the night...
"You are not stupid, Mira!"
He chuckled.
"Here, but-"
I handed him the gift which I had wrapped up in blue and red fancy paper.
"Open it on your birthday, ok?Otherwise it'll bring you bad luck."
I winked.
"Thank you!But you didn't have to get me a present for my birthd- wait, how did you know?"
He raised his eyebrows at me.
"Well, I'm one of your biggest fans - don't forget that!"
I became shy all of a sudden, loooking into those captivating eyes again as he smiled.
...