\.Who You Are./

Monday, - August 28, 1989

I just can't believe I'm doing this.
Those were the words that rushed through my head when I stepped out of the rather big plane which had brought me all the way from Rochester to the L.A.X. Airport.I carefully took the stairs, using the railing as support since my heels were quite high and let my eyes travel over the dark night sky.Unfortunately, the flight was delayed so that now, it wasn't 6:30pm as I planned but 1o:42!
"Here, Miss."
The friendly flight attendant showed me the way towards the bus which I suggest should be bringing the passengers inside the airport to get the belongings and bags.
"Thank you."
I smiled, making my way to the bus where almost all passengers had already been sitting down.Since I let everybody go first, I seemed to be the last person to get inside it.The doors closed behind me and soon after, I already heard the engine start.

About 30 minutes later...
"Hello."
I greeted the taxi driver as I received a weak but somehow honest smile from the spanish looking man.He quickly got off the car and walked around it, approaching me.
"Hello, Miss.Come on, I take care of your suitcase."
"Oh, thank you."
He grabbed my bag, nodding his head as I put a strand of hair out of my face.
"And - what is your destiny?"
Well, Michael?!
He asked, causing me to giggle at his choice of words along with his mexican accent.
"You mean - destination?"
I politely asked, getting into the car as he did the same.
"Oh, yes yes.Destination."
He chuckled, closing his seatbelt.I then closed the car door, looking back at him.
"Uhm, I need to get to...Neverland Ranch.Uhh - 5225 Figueroa Mountain Road in Los Olivos."
He quickly nodded his head, then abruptly looking back at me.He raised his eyebrows.
"That is..."
"I know.It may sound like a joke but - I really need to be there, honestly."
"You know, it's not that I don't believe you but...I've been in this situation before and - the girl was just a big fan and - well, it all ended in a huge, huge mess!"
I sighed.Perfect.
How could I convince him now?
"Hmm...well, I can totally understand your concerns but - I'm really not playing a trick on you.I swear!"
I raised my hands.
"I...see, it's just a very long drive.About - three hours?Yes, three or four hours.And I need to make sure I'm driving all the way in vain...again."
"Well, if you've got anything in mind you'd like to ask me and...you know, something only someone would know that knows Michael personally - go ahead."
"But I don't...so you could tell me anything as an answer."
He got a point.
"I...guess that's true."
I giggled, tilting my head backwards as I thought of something to make him drive me to Michael.
"Mhh, I think I know something."
He smiled.
"I have a daughter, she's 14 years old and a big fan of MJ.If you...really know him personally, maybe you could - make him sign something for her.She'd be so happy!"
My face directly lightened up.
"Yes!Of course, that's no problem."
I smiled brightly at him, relieved that he agreed to drive me.
"Good, then we're gonna drive now."
"Perfect."
I closed my seatbelt as well, looking at the street as he pulled out of the parking lot.

About four hours later...
"Ok and, could you please bring some item which is signed with your name on it?"
I spoke into the cellphone the driver handed me a few minutes ago as the car stood still in front of the famous gates, belonging to his ranch.
"Uhm, yeah I -"
He yawned.
"Sure."
"Ok, thank you."
I chuckled, hanging up before handing the phone back to the driver.
"I'm gonna - get out and then he gives me the signed shirt or whatever and I'm gonna bring it to you, ok?"
I explained as I looked to my left.
"Oh, thank you so so much."
"No problem!"
I smiled, quickly getting off the car as I made my way towards the gates, leaving the car door opened behind me.Eventually reaching the gates, I waited for Michael to approach me as I lightly rubbed my arms - it was getting quite cold outside.

After a little waiting, I suddenly heard the noise of the huge gates opening, making me jump.My head shooting up, I directly met Michael's heavenly face.I smiled, quickly approaching him.
"Hii!"
I exclaimed, quickly grabbing the shirt out of his hand.
"Just wait here real quick."
I told him, receiving another yawn from him as he stood there, seeming to be confused as hell.I giggled to myself, turning around to jog back to the car and the driver who was already standing next to it, my suitcase in his left hand.
"Here, this is for your daughter."
He smiled.
"Thank you, really!"
Quickly handing me my bag, he carefully took the shirt.
"Oh, and take this also.Whenever you need a driver again and it should be kept a secret, just call me and I'll drive you.You're a good person, I can see that - and I can't thank you enough for what you just did for my daughter."
He gave me a little piece of paper with his number written on it and looked into my eyes.
"Thank you so much.That is very nice of you."
He nodded his head, lighlty shaking my hand.
"I'm the one who has to thank you."
I smiled after he let go of my hand again, getting back into the car as I took my suitcase and walked back towards Michael.

Standing in front of him again, I gave him an apologetic smile, placing my bag back on the ground.
"Happy birthday in...a little advance?"
I looked into his deep brown eyes, causing him to giggle as he adjusted the white robe he had put over his pajamas.
"Thank you."
He playfully shook his head, opening his arms as he pulled me into his warm embrace.I immediately put my arms around him as I felt his head being placed on top of mine.
"I'm sorry...actually I would've been here around 8 or 9 - but my fligh-"
"Don't be.You can't imagine how happy I am that you're here."
He pressed my body even closer to his chest as I felt a huge smile building up on my face.
"Me too."
I giggled, feeling his hands stroking my back.Then he slowly pulled away, gazing into my eyes.
"4 whole months have definitely been to long."
He carefully took a strand of hair out of my face, causing me to smile even more.
"Yes, definitely."
I took a deep breath, still smiling like crazy.

A few minutes later...
"You - want something to drink?Or do you wanna go to sleep right away?"
He chuckled, his head popping out of the kitchen as I approached him.
"Well, if you wanna sleep - I can als-"
"No!"
He quickly interrupted me.
"No, I - believe me, now I'm wide awake...So, you want some tea?"
I giggled.
"Yes, please."
I saw him nodding his head as he took some small cups out of the shelf, placing them on the counter.
"So, how have you been so far?"
I asked him.
"Good.Well, as good as it can be without you...sooo - not so good."
He turned around, causing me to look at him in awe.
"Yeah, I missed you too...We - we really gotta work on seeing each other more often."
"Yes."
He gave me a warm smile as I noticed the patches on his face and hands.And it broke my heart a little, a big little.
"For how long will you stay here though?"
"Oh, I - I don't know actually..."
Would forever work for you?
I sighed.
"Definitely until Wednesday.I mean, tomorrow is your birthday - I can't miss that."
He slightly laughed, putting some tea pads into the cups.
"That's true.Hey, would you also drink...cold tea?"
"What?"
I laughed, looking over his shoulder.
"What are you doing?"
"Well, it takes so long to get the water hot enough.Cold tea doesn't taste that bad though, it's almost like ice tea."
"Mhh, sure."
I teased.
"No, I'm joking.It's ok."
"Really?I mea-"
"Mike, it's just cold tea - I'm sure this is gonna taste good, really."
"Ok."
He answered, quickly smiling at me as he poured the water into the cups as well, handing me one as he made his way towards the living room.I followed him, looking around which oddly felt like...home by now.
"I'm - just gonna use the restroom real quick and then I'm-"
I cleared my throat, quickly placing my hand on his shoulder.I didn't want him to use the restroom for I knew the only thing he'd do in there was to put on makeup.
"Michael, don't."
He slowly turned around, raising his eyebrows at me as I placed my cup on the table next to his.
"Don't what?Use the restroom?"
He giggled, his mood changing back to someowhat seroius again after realizing that I wasn't laughing at all.
"Yes.I mean...no.I - I just don't want you to..."
"Yes?You don't want me to...?"
He gave me a crazy but still worried look.Taking a deep breath out, I quickly broke the eye contact since his stare made me feel strange somehow.
"I don't - don't want you to cover that up.Your patches."
He froze.
"Mira, how - how do you even know?I me-"
I sighed.
"I just - know about it...of course I do."
I slowly looked back at him.
"Look, I...I don't want you to feel embarrassed by the fact that I'm aware of your skin conditions, ok?I...I've known about it for almost the whole time we've been knowing each other."
He gasped.
"What?"
And although it was something I never wanted, I could feel him being totally ashamed.
"Yes...but - I mean of course I don't know how it feels to deal with that condition and it surely does have a huge impact on you.But I just...I mean, you don't need to cover up what you're made of, even if it changed, when you're with me.It may be easily for me, someone who's all healthy, to say this but - vitiligo does, in no way, look unappealing or ugly to me.In fact, I...I think you're even more beautiful without hiding it."
I looked down at my french manicured nails, lightly scratching my arm.
"And it hurts me even more to see you covering up those patches and spots with makeup because it makes you feel ugly or unworthy than to actually see the different shades of your skin - because...because they make you who you are and you should love them.I already do though, I could teach you."
I gave him a weak smirk, noticing a tear slipping out of his left eye, although his mouth was formed to a small smile.
"I...don't know what to say."
I placed my hand on his robe, letting it glide upon his chest before placing my head on it.
"You don't have to say anything.Just...promise me not to cover it up, at least for now."
He slowly nodded his head, pulling me close to his chest.
"And you're really sure that you aren't religious?"
He asked, still holding me close.
"...No, I mean - no, I'm not religious.Why do yo-"
"Well, somehow you still manage to be the answer to all my prayers."
...