Gu Tingchuan was unable to restrain his smile as he called someone to fetch the actor. It turned out to be the young man who had taken the initiative to talk to Yi Ran in the hallway. This was really a new actor. He was originally very nervous auditioning in front of Director Gu. But, when he saw Yi Ran, he relaxed a bit and winked at her in greeting. 

Director Gu’s expression immediately changed. The young man’s behavior was really too annoying. Frowning slightly, he said coldly, “Do you think I have a lot of time to waste? Why are you just standing there?” 

Behind him, Yi Ran hurriedly bowed her head, pretending she was looking at the script. It appeared that that Mr. Gu really was a strict teacher. 

After the audition was over, Gu Tingchuan announced a break and everyone purposefully found reasons to walk out of the casting room, leaving Yi Ran alone with her husband. She looked up at the raindrops scattered on the small window, feeling content and peaceful. 

Gu Tingchuan sorted out the information at hand and asked her, "Why did you come down here?"

Yi Ran didn’t want to hide from him so she clearly explained what happened with Guo Baiyu. In the end, she mischievously said, “It seems you are too charming. I’ll have to wipe out rivals from time to time. So tiring.” 

Gu Tingchuan imagined the scene and raised his hand. His fingers gently brushed across her cheek. She had on light makeup and her lip color was beautiful and alluring. The woman in front of him was feminine and lovely, making him feel as if she was a craving he could not resist indulging in. 

The palm of his hand was dry and warm. He leaned in to press a heavy kiss on her mouth. His voice was mild as he said, “After a while, she will no longer appear in Jiaye. We're in the process of replacing the spokesperson for some of our company’s products. Moreover, I won’t ask her to act in my movies again.”

Gu Tingchuan explained slowly clearly, “She was initially already a stiff actress. Now, she is no different from the actresses in those circles. " 

Yan Ran nodded and said, “Anyway, I won't be affected by her words. I just got a little fed up with it.” 

Gu Tingchuan also understood. These typical females all tend to use to use the same tactics, which also made him feel very bored.

Those famous ladies and film queens always thought that he liked nothing else but sensual vixens. But, he was the exception, a person who was not interested in looking for his other half. 

If he hadn’t met Yi Ran, his life would probably have a lot less joy and pleasure. These were experiences that no amount of money could buy.

Besides, he was already very rich.

His heart suddenly softened and he hugged her gently with his hands resting on her hips. He was unafraid that someone might barge in and instead whispered against her ear, “Since getting married, my scandals have plummeted. In the future, it’s better to stay with me more often... " 

He meant...he wanted her to be more involved in his work and stay with him. 

She never thought that one day, this spouse would proactively seek her company. 

Yi Ran was perturbed and looked at Gu Tingchuan in doubt. She immediately saw his deepening smile and the affirmation in his gaze. She held his fingers and slightly tightened her grasp, still not daring to believe that he would make such a request.