21 Extra

LTPC Chapter 21: Extra: Sugar Intake

Extra

Every year, Haben International School usually arranges for a team of teachers to visit first-rate schools in other cities. Usually, they'll have to meet and study in the morning and afternoon before they can have free activities in the evening. 

Unlike previously, Yi Ran asked Gu Tingchuan in advanced. At the time, they were in the living room. He quickly glanced at his schedule and his eyes flashed but he didn’t say he was free.

In her heart, she still had a girlish disappointment. She asked casually, “What kind of work did you arrange at the time?”

Gu Tingchuan put down his book and said with complete seriousness, “Shooting a public service short film." 

She merely said "oh " and didn't think much. 

On the day of departure, Yi Ran and the other teachers took a two-hour high-speed train and changed bus smoothly. They arrived at a foreign language primary school in Xiling City and started a three-day training activity. 

In the afternoon, the meeting room was air-conditioned and entering it was like entering an ice cave. She only wore a sleeveless dress and a small jacket so she couldn’t help shivering. Yao Juan, who was seated next to her, looked at her and raised his voice for the temperature to be increased. Then, he took his long-sleeved shirt out of his carry-on bag. 

"You cover up with this first. It’s not good for you to catch a cold." 

The man’s eyes were bright with concerns. Afraid that the other teachers might have the wrong impression, Yi Ran hastily but politely refused. “There’s no need, I…”

"You don't have to be so polite with me. This is the mutual help between colleagues." 

Yao Juan was the only person in the room who knew about her marriage. His words were also obviously secretive, and there was no excess emotions. 

But Yi Ran still declined. “You only have one piece of clothing, and I’m not the only one freezing here. It wouldn't be fair to others," she whispered softly, giving him his shirt back.

Then, she added, “Also, they have already raised the temperature so I’ll be fine in a little bit." 

Yao Juan saw that she was insistent on this matter so he did not say anything more and turned his head to look at the curtain in the conference room. 

The teachers finished their dinner at the school restaurant and finally got a break. 

They took the opportunity to go to the nearby food night market. Thus, this group of men and women of all ages walked fifteen minutes from the hotel to the flashy square. 

Using WeChat on her mobile phone, Yi Ran sent a message to Gu Tingchuan and reported her trip. She looked up and saw all the booths with bright colors displayed everywhere. The pleasing colors fluttered gently, glittering under the shifting light between by the street lamps and the shadows of the night. The place was packed with the sounds of happy laughter and cheerful conversations, and the air was heavy with the delicious scent of food.

Not long after, the teachers divided into groups of twos and threes. Yi Ran, Yao Juan, amd Guan Yilu naturally became a small team since they were not only similar in age but also played more easily together. 

Yi Ran and Guan Yilu each bought a paper cup cake and German sausage, but then stared at the sliced meat sandwich stall and had to swallow their saliva. While Yao Juan lined up for them, they moved next door to buy drinks. Guan Yilu excitedly said, "They have beer! You wait, I'm going to get two cups."