34

LTPC Chapter 34: A Troublesome Night

Yi Ran looked back at him. His forehead showed a bit of craftiness as he lowered his head again and his mouth closed over her’s, sweeping her away in another deep, passionate kiss. 

When he finally pulled away, his eyes were dark. As he was thinking about further “educating” this little woman, Yi Ran leaned back and retrieved his mobile phone. Handing it over, she said, “Here. See who’s calling.”

He glanced at the caller’s number and slightly hesitated. Yi Ran arched her eyebrows when she noticed that he didn’t seem to want to call back. She couldn’t help but ask, “It’s not your job?”

"No,” Gu Tingchuan said, placing both hands on the steering wheel. "It was Guo Baiyu.”

Yi Ran heard this and paused. Then, she raised an eyebrow and felt that it was certainly not necessary to call back so late. 

She took off her coat, put it on her body, and lay sideways on the leather chair.

The drive in Gu Tingchuan’s car had always been very stable and smooth. She was half asleep and still thinking about the phone call, when she opened her eyes to see the dim lights in the distance. Soon, the car drove into the bustling commercial city center. They happened to pass by a five-star hotel and encountered a red light. She looked across at the grand entrance way, where cars drove to and from the brightly lit driveway. 

The black Rolls-Royce parked in front of the door was very eye-catching. There was a man and a woman coming down from the side of the car door. The man was a bit old, but his back was straight and his body was slightly pudgy. He was holding the woman's shoulder and pulling her inside, but the woman seemed a little bit too reluctant. The two struggled for a while, until two tall men in black came out of the hotel to help drag the woman inside.

Even from Yi Ran’s vantage point, it was clear that the woman was a little unstable, as if she was drunk. Even more importantly, her figure and outline looked very much like Guo Baiyu. 

Realizing this, she jerked up, suddenly alert, and pulled Gu Tingchuan’s sleeve, saying, “What a coincidence that you just received a phone call from her and now there she is.” 

Gu Tingchuan followed Yi Ran’s gaze and saw the two figures. His eyebrows furrowed as he watched carefully. He sneered. “I know the man, too.”

Yi Ran looked at his sneer, which deepened under her gaze. He responded to her doubtful eyes and said, “It’s Gu Tai’s classmate’s father, Hao Zhenlei.”

She was surprised. This was the first time she encountered this kind of thing. However, it seemed to her that the scene just didn’t look very harmonious. After mulling it over, she asked, “Would you like to make a call to Guo Baiyu and ask her if she’s okay?”

Gu Tingchuan didn’t want to meddle in other people’s business but Guo Baiyu had a contract with his company and can be regarded as one of it’s artists. As the boss, he supposed he ought to be concerned. 

What’s more, the surname Hao couldn’t be provoked casually. The forces behind him were complicated. If one was not careful, losing people would only be a trivial matter. Maybe, one might even lose one’s life.