7

LTPC Chapter 7: A Rare Happily Married Couple

After a little meditation, Yi Ran looked up at him and seemed to have an answer in her heart.

These minor sex scandals had caused him to propose marriage. But, when all was said and done, she didn’t know when Gu Tingchuan had settled on the matter of marriage or whether he had any plans at all. Director Gu was a recognized young leader in the industry. After his debut, he won numerous awards. Although many people disapproved of him, one cannot deny that he was indeed a rare legend that cannot be copied.

Yi Ran bit her bottom lip and wanted to say something, but she saw Gu Tingchuan looking at her. Her face turned red and she could only say, “Have you been very busy lately? What kind of movies are you filming...Is there really still time to get married?”

Gu Tingchuan truthfully said, "A martial arts film."

She instantly forgot the main points and was surprised. "Really, a martial arts film? Wow... rumors are true?" 

He put one finger to his lips and made a shush action. "The specific content has not yet been revealed to the media, so don't tell others first."

He did such a sultry movement that she could not react for a while, only knew that after meeting Gu Tingchuan himself can she realize how big his charm was.

Gu Tingchuan softly said, "Martial arts is a very special subject matter. In recent years, there are almost no good works in the wind. I remember a director I admired, he said, it is a worthwhile subject but it may not be able to move people. So... I also want to make an attempt at creating a martial arts film. After all, most people nowadays remember it with nostalgia and a sense of comfort.”

When he talked about his work or his creation, he became passionate, exuding an innate sense of perfectionism coupled with the circumspect and meticulous manner of learned behavior. He will state his position in an unbiased manner, every word spoken powerfully and boldly, permitting you to feel that his action was both dangerous yet safe.

In fact, with a man like Gu Tingchuan, no matter what, it would probably not be smart to let him come to your house as a guest. At this moment, with this kind of man, it was difficult for Yi Ran not to cheerfully look forward to the future. She smiled, even as her eyebrows arched. “How do you plan on handling this news?”

Gu Tingchuan shot her a glance and said, “Because our relationship is different, we will also make the public relations people respond differently, if you don’t mind. 

She felt that his tone was very unconcerned and didn’t know why her heart suddenly felt disappointed. But then, unexpectedly, the corners of his mouth curved slightly and he said, “I think you'll agree that something does exist between us?”

Yi Ran was startled and, looking back at him, she finally said bravely, “Actually, when I saw the scandal today, I felt really bad. If, after that, my future blind dates realize that you and I were rumored together, they might think that something actually did happen.”

After all, who would believe that, in the face of such a man, she was only “helped” by him for a while and was not directly supported to the bedroom.

Gu Tingchuan was amused by her silliness, unaware that his smiling expression was unusually warm and was causing a ripple in Yi Ran’s state of mind. 

Yi Ran went on to say, "You see, the current education is not particularly unusual. Some parents do not allow their children to fall in love when they are still students. But, once they have graduated, the parents will suddenly expect marriage within a few months. Although my parents do not often remind me, I know that, sometimes, when they see me without even a boyfriend, their heart will not feel at ease.”