55

LTPC Chapter 55: Major Dog Abuse

After Gu Tingchuan's returned to the crew of Farewell to Moonlight, everything progressed smoothly. 

Even Su Congwen, the once proud and arrogant man, now behaved like a man with his tail between his legs.

Gu Tingchuan's trauma took about a week to heal. The sprain remained only a little sore, and the soft tissue contusion near the ribs was slowly recovering. In this way, he returned to the shooting site and maintained a high intensity workload. 

Luckily, because most of the scenes were shot smoothly, his chances of injury also plummeted. 

As the weather warmed up day by day, Gu Tingchuan's filming also came to an end, and Yi Ran became more and more comfortable with her teaching job. 

During this time, in addition to the WeChat and video chatting, she would sometimes travel long distances to visit him. However, even if she went to the scene, Director Gu still spent most of his time working overtime. 

Before he officially returned home, the man asked over the phone if she wanted to participate in an internal preview of the movie. Although Yi Ran didn't understand the nature of the event, she still obediently agreed. 

Director Gu's private screening room was located in the Jiaye building. Every time the first edition of the film was cut, he will invite company directors, several investors, and some important people to come and watch the movie and discuss the amendments. 

Gu Tingchuan sent a car to pick her up her. When she arrived downstairs, it was about seven o'clock in the evening. As the elevator continued to climb, the night scene of the entire city came into view. A splendid night was composed of clusters of lights on the roadside trees. Hanging lanterns and the warm halo of stars made time seem both subtle and slow. 

She was planning to call her husband but saw that Lu Shan and two other staff were chatting in front of the door. Director Lu had stayed really busy with the crew for a while and now he looked more thin and a bit more tanned. 

"Is Director Gu in there?" 

"Yes, today he is leading and may be busy."

Every time Mrs. Gu came to visit, she would also bring some benefits to Lu Shan and so the two of them gradually became familiar with each other. Yi Ran smiled and asked, "Will you being watching the preview also?" 

"I won’t go in since this is for VIP only,” Lu Shan said and made a "please" gesture for her to enter. Then he instructed the staff nearby, "Give Mrs. Gu something to drink. Would you like to drink something hot or cold?" 

Yi Ran thought for a bit. “I’ll take a cup of coffee." 

The screening room was not wide and the light was dim, but it was very private and comfortable. 

Gu Tingchuan looked at Yi Ran’s face through the dim light. Her long eyelashes were slightly raised, and the corners of her lips were tipped up in a faint smile. She looked around, saw him, and her face lit up. 

"My wife is here," Gu Tingchuan whispered to the company's directors. Then, he walked to Yi Ran and reached out to gently wrap one arm around her shoulder. There was only a slight gap between the two, which made them look very intimate. He then made some courtesy introductions. 

Yi Ran had already met some people while others were new. He introduced her to others, but also made sure not to force her to do too much socializing. 

After a while, Gu Tingchuan noticed the man who came in through the door. He lowered his eyes and smiled at his wife. "You should have heard of him before."