6

LTPC Chapter 6: The Outlines of Love

She never thought that this would ever happen, but then it suddenly did. 

Yi Ran was so astonished that she couldn’t help but turn her head to look at the man, only to see him so calm and unruffled. Truthfully, she thought she must have heard wrong. Was she so eager to get married that she suddenly started having auditory hallucinations?

As Gu Tinghuan waited patiently, she suddenly gained her senses and asked, “Ah? What did you say?”

He had anticipated her reaction and walked a few steps closer to her side. The elevator door behind her suddenly opened and several guests came out sporadically. When they saw them, they stared for a while. 

Gu Tingchuan reached for her and gently pulled her to the corner next to the elevator. He smiled and told her, “You want to get married? What a coincidence. So do I. And, I think we are quite suitable.”

Yi Ran once again had a moment of astonishment. Biting her lower lip in confusion and unable to look at him, she said, “I don’t understand...Are you saying marriage? This is a big event in life. You suddenly said that…”

Gu Tingchaun gazed at her quietly. When he spoke, his tone was steady, “My job, you should know. As for my family background, you can search the internet. Or, if you want to know the specific, we can sit down together and I will tell you. Oh, I don’t drink or smoke. I don’t think I have any bad habits. However, there are some fixed habits when filming, such as drinking a lot of coffee, Sometimes, when I am working on something for a long time, I don’t want anyone to disturb me...But, other than that, if you need me, I will do my best.”

As Yi Ran listened to his words with a dazed expression, she felt that the most incredible thing was happening but Gu Tingchuan’s face was as serious as ever. 

“As for your circumstances, I already know a lot. Although we haven’t known each other for a long period of time, at least not enough to thoroughly know one another, but it is sufficient to start this marriage.”

Yi Ran was still in a stunned state. She patted her face with her hands to calm herself for a moment before she said, “I’m a little confused. You are seriously suggesting, I know this, but I also need to think about it. I think…”

Probably because she was too nervous, she felt the illusion of nausea. The injury on her foot, along with the ensuing pain, definitely was not helping her to calm down and think. 

Gu Tingchuan noticed that she had difficulty standing so he smiled and acquiesced. “I’ll give you time to think about it. Don’t worry.”

Yi Ran held the cold marble wall next to the elevator. She dazedly said goodbye to him. When the elevator doors opened, she hobbled in with one foot and pressed the layers of button on the wall. There was a suspicious blush on her cheeks as, from the corners of her eyes, she noticed Gu Tingchuan’s face, so finely carved it was like a work of art. 

She didn’t dare to look up, even when she heard the elevator door slid shut. 

Yi Ran returned to her cousin’s wedding banquet. In an instant, she felt as if the previous event had never happened. This difficult thought caused her graceful eyebrows to subconsciously tighten. 

Before today, if others had told her that Director Gu’s temperament was strange and incomprehensible, that he was an eccentric in pursuit of control and perfectionism, she would only be a little skeptical. But, now that she had seen first hand the man’s decisiveness and boldness, she truly admired and bowed down to him.