25

LTPC Chapter 25: Learning to Love

Gu Tingchuan usually didn’t like drinking very much, and he was also a lightweight drinker. In the past, if he drank some alcohol during the evening entertainment, he would only let Xiao Zhao, who was considered to be more trustworthy, send him home. But now, this responsibility and obligation should fall on Mrs. Gu.

Yi Ran had unexpectedly lowered herself to that woman’s level. Anyway, as long as the other party saw Gu Tingchuan, she would also be terrified and not dare to do anything. Yi Ran sent Guo Baiyu a warning glance before turning back to Gu Tingchuan with a smile. She brightly said, “It’s nothing. We’re just casually chatting.”

The man had came over from the entertainment hall. His iron-gray suit was different than his usual appearance, giving him a taller, more jade-like look. He walked in front of Yi Ran before suddenly turning to give Guo Baiyu a short glance. He told her lightly, “My wife is not used to dealing with people in the circle so don’t disturb her.” 

Yi Ran had grown somewhat used to Director Gu’s protectiveness toward herself, but she was still surprised by his meticulousness. When she looked up at him, she only felt that his eyes were sprinkled with tiny stars, making people feel addicted.

Guo Baiyu squeezed a little smile on her face and stiffly said, "I just think that I and...Mrs. Gu can also be friends."

Gu Tingchuan’s forehead furrowed impatiently. He ignored her words, and taking Yi Ran’s hand, lead her to the car. 

The driver sent them home. When they reached the entrance hall, Yi Ran felt for the light switch on the wall, and the living room soon became as bright as daylight. Before she could change into slippers, Gu Tingchuan, who was behind her, called out her name. 

Hearing the sound, she looked back at him and saw that he was silent and frowning. Earlier, he had said that he wasn’t drunk, only a little dizzy.

“Have you gotten used to it yet?”

His unexpected question made Yi Ran falter, and she didn’t dare look at him for a while. Finally, as she lowered her shoes, she said, “En, very good, ah. I feel like I’m actually a married person. What are you thinking?”

Gu Tingchuan’s voice was very close. His outstanding silhouette leaned closer and his head lowered. He quietly smiled, and his voice seemed at a loss. “Do you sometimes feel that I am too busy and have too little time to come back?”

“....It’s okay.”

At first, she was a bit uncomfortable and she was unable to adapt to the role of wife. But now, their marriage life was getting more and more harmonious. Although this problem was getting increasingly more thorny, she still didn’t know how to tell him. However, she knew that this wasn’t the right time to do so. 

Gu Tingchuan pulled his collar opened and walked over to the living room to lay down on the sofa. Looking at her, he said, “Homecomingalmost finished post-production work. I haven’t thought about accepting a new script yet. I will have more time. When you’re off on winter vacation, we will find time to go around.”

Under the light, his face was warm, but there was also a trace of exhaustion and guilt. She had never seen him this way, so soft and sincere. Her chest became hot with warmth. 

"I can understand your job. Although you often make decisions by yourself, filmmaking isn’t just your own business but others as well. You’re an amazingly great director. Movie magazines say that your work is profound and insightful but not indulgent. I always felt that you and your works are like this."