13

LTPC Chapter 13: Paying a Visit

“Is this what you want?" His face looked pale, like an ink painting, as he said quietly but firmly, "I understand."

...This was not it, okay?!

Yi Ran’s mind was ridiculing like crazy, but she must admit that this kiss reminded her of many intimate sensory memories, which stunned her to the point of speechlessness. Not a good thing!

Gu Tingchuan was still focused on the kiss and his eyes shifted from her lips to her eyes. 

“You...what are you doing?”

Seeing her embarrassed face, Gu Tingchun calmly shifted his gaze to the laptop screen, suddenly wanting to tease her. “You’re not saying you want to do more of the things between husband and wife?” 

Yi Ran was still speechless. After a long time, she could only bite her bottom lip and smile in amusement. “You don’t say these kinds of ambiguous words, okay? I just feel like not contacting me for nearly a month is strange. I'll reflect on my own problems, but you must also do your share.” 

She taught it so seriously, as if she was currently standing in front of her class full of primary school students. Gu Tingchuan adjusted his sitting position and his lips curved slightly, as if he had no objection to this. 

Yi Ran cleared her throat and deeply reflected on her previous state of mind. In the past, she felt that since she had a job and a marriage, there was no need for them to deeply interfere with each other’s life. In fact, this was not enough. Close relationships are often drawn farther and farther apart by time and distance, and the only thing that remains will just be a marriage in name only.

“I’m not good at taking care of people—I haven’t taken care of much people, in any case. But, I will try to do my best in the future. For example...if you want to eat while you’re here, I can cook some chicken soup for you?”

Gu Tingchuan was still very pale, but he gave her a look, as if he heard her words and acquiesced. 

Although the man in front of her looked so serious, she could clearly feel the burning atmosphere in the air. She stood up uncomfortably, then touched his forehead and found it frighteningly hot. "What the heck is going on?! How do you not pay attention to resting while you have a fever? You just have to work..." 

Gu Tingchuan’s response was a little slow in coming. In fact, what he was thinking about was also related to her. 

He had never been a "home-based" man and was accustomed to a long-term high-intensity workload. As soon as he gets busy, all his attention will be on the matter at hand. He actually never thought of giving her a call or contacting her....... 

“I think you’re right. Since we’re now a pair of husband and wife, it’s time we take care of each other." 

Yi Ran was stunned by his words, then she nodded and agreed with him very seriously. 

Gu Tingchuan's expression had a trace of exhaustion. He furrowed his brows and continued, "Recently, Jiaye has been really pushing me. "Homecoming" has to be rushed in order to make the deadline for the film festivals overseas. Slowly catching up has become a nearly impossible task.”