65

LTPC Chapter 65: It's Still Not Too Late

Vacations were inevitably fleeting. The moment the plane landed, Yi Ran woke up from her drowsiness. She covered her face in a confused manner and finally managed to wake up a bit. She had played uncontrollably these days and was really tired. 

Gu Tingchuan also completely put off his work for a few days. Of course, no one dared to pick this kind of opportunity to annoy him. When they arrived safely at the airport, they saw Xiao Zhao waiting. 

He asked Xiao Zhao the situation of the company in the past few days, and the other party respectfully reported them one by one. Then, at the last moment, in a voice that only the two of them could hear, he said, "Director Gu, Hao Zhenlei has been calling for a long time. On the phone, he said that he wanted to meet with you alone. " 

Gu Tingchuan was still expressionless when he heard the news. The other side had lowered his posture, but that did not mean he had to accept it. He stepped out of the cabin and felt the weather outside was quite cold. He went back to see if Yi Ran had put on her coat and saw that she had done a good job of keeping warm. Then he said to Xiao Zhao coolly, "I don't want to see him. Push it for me." 

He glanced not far away to where the bodyguard was waiting. He stopped, waited for her to catch up, and took her hand, instructing, “I'll send you back first. You should rest early since you have class tomorrow." 

"Okay, but don't work too late." Yan Ran knew that he had to deal with a backlog of official business affairs, so she didn't say anything else. 

When they got in the car, she fell back into his arms and slept for a while. The driver first took them back to the apartment and then went to the Jiaye building. 

When Gu Tingchuan came out of the underground parking garage, Hao Zhenlei was standing on the other side. He seemed to have been waiting for a long time and, when they saw Gu Tingchuan arrived, he sent his secretary over.

Xiao Zhao looked helplessly at the boss, while Director Gu only smiled coldly and did not look over there. 

During these days, Hao Zhenlei's many projects in S City had not progressed smoothly. His company seemed to be suppressed by an invisible force. In addition, he also encountered development difficulties in several other large cities. Losing construction biddings was nothing compared to the damage incurred when several buildings failed to meet standard construction requirements. Even the judicial department had gotten involved in the ensuing investigation.

Hao Zhenlei’s feelings for Gu Tingchuan gradually increased from dissatisfaction to anger, but eventually changed from anger to compromise. He was a businessman. For long-term consideration, he could only show goodwill to the Gu family and ask for mercy. 

Hao Zhenlei had been fierce for the better half of his life, and this was the first time he had to wait for a “junior” younger than him in a place like a garage. What’s more, Gu Tingchuan had no intention of inviting him to the office upstairs. After all, he was not qualified. 

Gu Tingchuan saw the other blocking his way and there was a faint, mocking smile on his lips. “I have nothing to say to you, General Manager Hao.”

Hao Zhenlei was furious. He looked at Gu Tingchuan with a pair of cold and gloomy eyes, but he couldn’t make matters worst. 

"General Manager Gu, Hao just wants to make friends with you. I hope you can give me a chance." 

Gu Tingchuan smiled slightly, and said, " General Manager Hao, to do good business, it’s important to pay attention to high-rise buildings and to use them as good resources. Unfortunately, you started late and did not have the capacity to control the fires.”