16

LTPC Chapter 16: Everything was Routine

When the weekend finally arrived, she deliberately woke up early in the morning to carefully dress up. She allowed her long hair to fall loosely behind her back, making her appear more sweet tempered and gentle. She also looked more delicate and prettier than usual. 

Yesterday, she bought a chicken and washed it first before putting it in a pot to blanch with boiling water. Afterward, she switched it over to a pot of water to boil, later adding added red dates, Chinese wolfberry, longan, and some seasoning. Because she didn’t know whether Gu Tingchuan liked the taste of ginger, she simply didn't add it. 

The smell of the fragrant cooking was overflowing in the house. She packed a few other dishes inside a locked lunchbox. When the driver arrived, she got into the car. 

She sat inside the comfortable business car for a few hours and no longer felt tired. When she arrived at the shooting site for Homecoming, she had to go through a very strict check-in process. She thought that it was no wonder that there was very little news about the film leaked out. 

The place was packed with people engaged in setting up lighting and props. There was a kind of neat order to the scene. The driver was temporarily invited to go help, and since there were other things to do, he simply told her to wait a moment for Xiao Zhao to come over. 

Yi Ran was not in a hurry, especially when compared to the rhythm of everyone around her. She felt a bit awkward just standing there. 

While waiting, she shifted her standing positions a few times. She was trying to call Xiao Zhao when she looked up and saw a familiar beautiful face. 

Guo Baiyu gave her friendly smile. "It's you. Why didn't I see you before?" 

Then she turned her head and said to the other actress who was still wearing a costume, "It doesn't matter. I’ll go to Director Gu and ask for some guidance. 

Yi Ran did not have time to respond to Guo Baiyu's greetings. The other actress, who looked as if she was just crying, stared at her with a pair of swollen eyes and said coldly, "If I knew that Gu Tingchuan’s demand would be so high, I wouldn’t be here.”

Guo Baiyu smiled helplessly and softly appeased her, "I was also miserable when I filmed Dark River. But, to get used to it, I just think about the promising future ahead.” 

Yi Ran didn't want to listen to their discussion and was planning to change her waiting location. She saw Guo Baiyu whispered something in the female star's ear, patted her shoulder and walked away. 

Yi Ran also recognized that the angry actress wearing a purple costume with tear stains still on her face was Nan Yuan. She had appeared in several idol dramas and painful youth movies. At this moment, she looked at Yi Ran with eyes full of disdain. "You, go and buy me a bottle of water." 

Yi Ran was feeling particularly plucky today so she simply said with an indifferent smile, "Sorry, I am not your person nor a staff member. You can let others go instead. " 

It was probably that she was too angry with Gu Tingchuan and was just eager to find someone to vent on. But, after being rejected, the anger and rage in her eyes became more distinct. “Who are you? Some hick country dweller? You just need to buy a bottle of water. That’s all. How can you talk so much?" 

The smile on Yi Ran’s face suddenly became stiff. Why do these kinds of stars always feel as if they’re better than others? Her temper flared and when she opened her mouth, she was not polite. "Why do I have to listen to you? Do I owe you? Or did you give me money?"