62

LTPC Chapter 62: Eating One's Own Bitter Fruit

At the school, Yi Ran gave the other teachers her lesson plans. Then, she told the children that she would be gone for 3 days. By the time the afternoon came around, it was time to leave school. 

On the way back, she resolved to return to normal. But, from time to time, she would remember the reporters clutching at her frantically and deliberately slandering her marriage. These vivid pictures were like heavy shadows, making her mind feel confused and complicated. 

But as Mrs. Gu, she must have the strength and self-confidence to put those matters behind her. Yi Ran knew that this would not be the last time this happened. If it happens again in the future, she will also take measures for Gu Tingchuan. 

By the time she arrived in Jiaye, Gu Tingchuan was working in his office. 

Earlier, he had already met with others to discuss the time to re-start the premiere. The public opinion on the internet was developing on the bright side. As long as they crushed the rumors those people started, the "conspiracy theory" regarding infidelity can be thoroughly washed away. 

Hearing someone knocking at the door, he raised his eyes and told the other person to enter. He saw Yi Ran's smiling face, her fair skin paired with eyes that curved like the moon, and the whole room was suddenly brighter. 

Gu Tingchuan immediately got up and stepped in front of her. He took a closer look at her face and determined that she was okay, so he finally let go of some worry. 

"You haven't experienced this kind of thing before, were you scared?" 

"How could I be so weak? Although I lacked the ability to adapt, but I have seen it in TV series and novels, and I can guess what they’re like." 

Yi Ran smiled, but her voice was still a little hoarse. Gu Tingchuan heard her, frowned, and asked, “How about after the commotion? You need to protect your throat.”

“Yes, I know. Now that I'll be on vacation for three days...Oh, right... Does Principal Gu knows your family? "

"That's right." He leaned over and hugged her. Before Yi Ran could react, she was already firmly hugged. The man kissed her cheek. "I've burdened you " 

Yi Ran grabbed his arm and smelled the clean scent on his shirt. She couldn’t help but indulge in it as they quietly enjoyed the sweetness of each other’s company. 

Gu Tingchuan was relieved. "This matter will soon pass, and you won't be subject to this kind of crime anymore." 

"How’s the investigation?”

Gu Tingchuan thought for a moment, and said that Hao Zhenlei and Gu Baiyu were the culprit. 

Some thoughts flashed in Yi Ran’s eyes, and she couldn't help feeling a little uneasy. "In the end, it was still the trouble I've caused. If I knew, I wouldn’t have cared about what happened at the hotel!”

Gu Tingchuan gently covered her lips with his fingers. He narrowed his eyes and resolutely replied, "You were doing good deeds. But you didn't expect to meet a bad dog, nor did you expect to be bitten by Guo Baiyu." 

What more could Yi Ran say? 

He glanced at his watch and said, "Xiao Zhao has brought Guo Baiyu and asked her to wait in the conference room. Stay here and wait for my news." 

She smiled and nodded, knowing that the matter was being handled and she would just get in the way. 

Gu Tingchuan saw that Yi Ran’s eyes clearly reflected his own image, and he smiled. “As for Hao Zhenlei, he won’t be arrogant in S City anymore.”