47

LTPC Chapter 47: Strict Teacher

Yi Ran really didn't expect to be invited to the casting room. She was a little hesitant and didn't want to cause them any trouble because of her arrival.

There were shooting machines and lights in the room. Gu Tingchuan sat in the middle seat with his head lowered,. He was in the middle of talking to the high-level leaders around him, but when he noticed her nervousness, he smiled…. Mrs. Gu was really cute.

Yi Ran unexpectedly had to appear in a place filled with such elite people that she couldn't help but have a bit of stage fright. But then she imagined that this scene was similar to when she held a public class and this soon helped her calm down.

“You came at just the right time,” he said, before solemnly introducing her to everyone. "This is Yi Ran, who is also a language teacher at an international primary school. When I wrote the script, she helped with a lot of amendments. She can also help with providing some opinions regarding the candidates for this role.”

He did not emphasize her identity, but Lu Shan had told the assistant to add a comfortable chair not far behind Gu Tingchuan and then told her, “Please sit.”

Yi Ran sat down uneasily. Aside from the last time when she saw Director Gu calmly control the overall situation in his crew, this was the second time she was able to see him in his element as a creator and an artist. 

He turned toward Yi Ran and a smile slowly appeared in his eyes. “After the last audition ends, we’ll discuss the performance of the actors. You can also express your opinions.”

Yi Ran was sitting very close to him and, because they were suddenly “working together,” she felt very excited. She softly asked him, “Is this really okay? I don’t understand the movie and was just coming and going.”

Gu Tingchuan heard her clearly. The sound of her voice managed to dissipate his fatigue from the day’s work. He glanced at her reddish earlobe and slowly said, "What I just said are facts, so why not?"

The reason he asked Yi Ran to join the team was that she could help him with his work. Also, he didn’t know why she suddenly appeared in the hallway so it was better to put her next to him. This will make him feel more at ease. 

At this time, Lu Shan came over and calmly handed Yi Ran a profile, whispering, "You can take a look first. Here is the actor’s resume. We’ll see if he is suitable to play in Moonlight.”

Yi Ran hurriedly took it and thanked him.

She already knew that Gu Tingchuan’s new movie was called Farewell to Moonlight, which talked about several young teachers, all with different goals and ideals, who arrived at a small and remote village to become rural teachers. They will face many problems with smiles and tears and, in the end, a return to truth. The script used a lot of writing to describe the characters' inner worlds, motives and ideals. It was sincere, steady, and yet delicate, displaying the goodness of human nature while giving the audience a beautiful experience." 

After experiencing such a box office failure, the fact that he was able to come up with such a simple and unpretentious counterattack showed that Director Gu had more confidence and bravery than anyone else. 

Yi Ran recalled the actor's character and muttered to herself for a moment before saying, "Director Gu, I always thought that this character...somewhat resembles Yao Juan."