20

LTPC Chapter 20: In Captivity

"Actually, I’m already married." 

After saying this, Yi Ran saw the other person’s stunned expression. 

She never wore a wedding ring, and she hadn’t even taken a wedding leave, much less host a banquet. Of course, no colleagues would know about it. 

Yi Ran scratched her ear and said, "Aside from my family and good friends, you’re now the only one from the school who knows about it. You should not say it out for a while." 

Yao Juan had a bad premonition. He reluctantly asked, “Who did you marry?”

“He’s Gu Tai's uncle, Gu Tingchuan." 

His heart dropped like a stone, and he couldn’t say half a word for a long time. 

Yi Ran had some feelings in her heart. Just now, Yao Juan words made her a bit suspicious, but she was afraid of being arrogant. Now that he was so slow to respond, she felt that she wasn’t overthinking matters after all.

She could only blame Yao Juan for being slower to act. When she first came to Haben International School, she also had some thoughts on the handsome male teacher. However, after not getting any reactions from the other party and considering that they were getting along as friends, she also put down the thought. 

Well, now that things might develop, it would go no further than this. 

Yi Ran looked straight at him and said very generously, "So, I can't just leave it alone." 

Yao Juan understood and furrowed his eyebrows into a frustrated line. After thinking for a while, he said: "How long...How long were you together? You got married so soon?" 

"The time wasn’t very long, but everything has been normal so far." 

Yao Juan still had some traditional ideas about the marriage process. This, combined with his feelings for Yi Ran, caused his tone to be slightly heavy. “Why did you get married in such a hurry? Was it….Did your family have some difficulties?”

“Hey, don't think too much. This is not a TV series with forced marriages and such hardships,” Yi Ran said very easily. "Why can't I have a flash marriage with him? He looks so good. " 

Yao Juan was completely stunned speechless her words. 

Seeing his expression, Yi Ran smiled and laughed, "Just kidding. Of course, he is very handsome, but there are other reasons as well." 

Yao Juan smiled bitterly, his fingers subconsciously tightening into fists. "Mr. Gu has good looks and an outstanding family situation.” 

Yi Ran’s expression turned serious, and her eyes looked passed him to the children taking physical education classes not far away. The sounds of the playground were endless. 

She said, "The most important thing is that he gives people a sense of trust worth relying on." 

She understood in her heart that she was not normally someone who tend to act rashly. But, Gu Tingchuan had such a heart-warming charm.