37

LTPC Chapter 37: A Good Eye

Gu Tingchuan’s appearance turn the room silent. 

Yi Ran hurriedly stood up and asked doubtfully, "Isn't it too late?" 

The man looked at her with a frown. He was wearing somewhat formal clothes today. On the way, he had taken off his black coat in the car and draped it over his arm, creating an aesthetically different impression than normal. 

“The meeting ended early. Since there’s still time, I came over to see my parents.”

Mother Yi was so happy that she immediately called the waiter to add an extra seat beside her daughter, and she came and affectionately patted the son-in-law's arm. “You’re usually busy enough with work, and it’s rare for you to get off work early. Why didn't you go home early to rest? We’re just having a regular meal. ” 

Yi Ran remembered and asked him, “Have you eaten yet?”

Gu Tingchuan walked over and took a seat next to her. Because there were a lot of people, he seemed even more taciturn than usual. This time, he just nodded slightly, without much polite words. 

“Dinner again in ten minutes?” She saw him acquiesced. With a frown on her face, she turned back to her cousin. "Order two more vegetarian dishes. There are still some meat dishes on the table, but it’s better for him to eat a little lighter.”

A lot of people who met a Gu family member would try to ingratiate themselves. It was probably only Yi Ran who would talk this way to Gu Tingchuan. 

To Yi Jinting, the strangest thing was that Gu Tingchuan was obviously unperturbed and seemed to have no opinion at all over how Yi Ran had made the decisions for him. Ordinarily, Xiang Dongsheng would still prefer for her to ask him first. After all, he was a young master who was used to others treating him well and respecting his decisions. As a result, she had to be more careful when taking care of him. 

Even Yi Jinting’s mother was struck speechless. 

Taking other’s stunned reactions into account, Xiang Dongsheng held a wine glass and came to Gu Tingchuan’s side. He was obviously in good spirit as he toasted, “I did not expect to become a relative with Director Gu. I will greet first.”

Gu Tingchuan was usually cold and grim, but he was very well-educated. Moreover, he didn’t want to disrespected Yi Ran’s family. He stood up, took a small glass of wine and drank it down in one gulp. His expression did not change as he said, “You too.”

“We are similar in age, but in terms of business acumen, you have a longer-term vision. Also, your movie were all wonderfully directed. Speaking of which...so many female stars are held up by you.” Xiang Dongsheng was too excited and forgot himself. Before he could think better of it, he already quickly said, “Lu Keliu, Guo Baiyu ... My friends around me also praised you and your good eye for actresses.”

Yi Jinting smiled and followed, “So Director Gu already had so many rumors...”

Yi Ran knew that her cousin's words were not mere jokes. She pursed her lips and immediately responded with a countermeasure. 

“Coincidentally, I also met Lu Keliu a while ago, as well as her male god husband. Cousin, He Yang is more handsome in person than on TV!"