68

LTPC Chapter 68: Late Night Movie

On Saturday morning, Gu Tingchuan changed clothes and was ready to meet the industry leaders whom he had an appointment with. Yi Ran helped him fixed his dark sweater and looked back in the mirror to see the elegantly dressed man.

Director Gu was also wearing the cuff-links that she had bought for him last time. Since marrying him, all of her expenses had been significantly reduced and so she was able to save some money to buy her husband gifts. Even this humble pair of cuff-links had cost her tens of thousands.

She looked up and met his dark gaze. Her cheeks flushed pink. 

“Didn’t you sleep well?” He asked. “Sleep in for a while.”

Yi Ran rubbed her eyes, hugged his used clothes in her arms, and prepared to take them to the laundry room. “It’s okay. Rongrong asked me to go to her house earlier. I’ll change clothes in a bit and leave.”

“Okay. I’ll come find you when I’m done with my meeting.”

He lightly squeezed her face and pressed a quick kiss to her mouth. Afterward, Gu Tingchuan left. 

The people he had a meeting with was actually representatives from several producers and distributors from China, the United States, and the United Kingdom. The purpose of the meeting was to invite him to direct a nature film focused on rare wild animals. 

Gu Tingchuan had never actually directed this type of films before. However, in his student days, he had used wild animals has main characters and had made similar documentaries in order to complete some school credits. 

“This is a joint shooting between three countries. We plan to divide into three shooting groups and synchronize the material across the countries. The production team is very good. You and your team are naturally responsible for the final editing.”

After talking for more than half an hour, Gu Tingchuan had a basic understanding of their goals. He liked to do things that others might consider “crazy.” This was a well-known directing characteristic of his.

Aside from the fact that the work will be abroad, he will not only go deep into nature but also be able to work with those professional wildlife investigators. He could go beyond his typical director status and become an “explorer.” For Gu Tingchuan, shooting such a type of movie was more attractive than any other movies. 

However, he could not make a decision immediately.

Budgeting was not a problem. After all, the partners were already some of the best movie companies in the world. The problem for Director Gu was just that….

It would take too long. 

If he participated in the filming, he would have to leave S City. The shooting time may take as long as two years. There was no need to say more on what this might mean.

But, if he didn’t participate in the filming, it would be a missed opportunity for him. 

He took a sip of freshly ground coffee and looked calmly at Xiao Zhao. After some time, the collaborators gave him thoughtful looks, and he responded, “I’ll need some time to think about it.” 

.....

The wedding was on the top-floor terrace of a five-star hotel. 

Zhang Rongrong herself did not make much money as a doctor. However, her family had a strong foundation and was able to host a luxurious wedding for her. 

As soon as Yi Ran arrived with the wedding party, she received a call from Gu Tingchuan to let her know that he had finished his meeting and was on his way.