63

LTPC Chapter 63: Tall, Rich, and Handsome

Gu Tingchuan returned to the office and saw that Yi Ran was just standing there, quietly flipping through the magazines on his coffee table. He walked up to her silently and, leaning over without warning, wrapped his arms around her. He pulled her a few steps until she was sitting directly on the edge of his desk. 

Yi Ran was afraid she might fall so she reached out to gently pull on the man’s shirt. 

After he was seated, she could not help frowning slightly. Her director hadn’t been so naughty before!

"Where did you learn this trick?"

"The book you put in the study."

Yi Ran: "..." 

It's time to throw away some non-nutritive novels.

She saw his seemingly calm look and said with a smile, "You don't have to think about how to comfort me. Although it was quite unexpected that I was besieged by reporters in the morning, it's all right now, and nothing really happened."

Moreover, as long as he was around, no matter how bad it was, her mood can be cured instantly.

Gu Tingchuan murmured an assent, then said slowly, "I’ve been busy for the past few days and now suddenly remembered something. You didn't even remind me."

Yi Ran couldn’t keep up with him at all. Unsure about what he was referring to, she simply looked at him and waited.

Gu Tingchuan met her eyes and said, "I kept thinking, was it because you didn't say it on purpose, or maybe you forgot?..It’s our first wedding anniversary." 

His intimate words caused her heartbeat to sped up. She pursed her lips and looked away with a smile. “I remembered. But, you were too busy so I just specifically didn’t mention it.”

Gu Tingchuan frowned. When he was about to speak, she wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned against him. 

He embraced her in a tender hug that was even more sticky than sugar. 

“It’s okay. It’s only the first year. There will be more opportunities in the future. Moreover, I haven’t told you about many messy things lately.” In order to thoroughly express her thoughts, Yi Ran covered his hands with her own and held him in her palm. “You should understand my personality. If I really care about this, I will definitely tell you. But, I’m telling you truthfully, from the bottom of my heart, that this is not very important right now.”

Of course, Gu Tingchuan knew this. Not to mention, as far as their current relationship was concerned, she really wasn’t the type to hold her grievances in her heart. If she had any concern or unwillingness, she would take the initiative to communicate with him.

The corners of his mouth tipped up and he said, "Yes, then it seems that the preparations I made have become redundant."

"What? What have you prepared?"

He raised his eyebrows. “I’ve booked the itinerary for a week-long holiday. We’ll go sea fishing in Canada, eat seafood, watch exhibitions, and have all kinds of dinners…”

Yi Ran, who hadn’t played in a long time, was immediately interested by this surprise arrangement. She grabbed his shoulders and shook them back and forth. “Really? This is our honeymoon?”

Gu Tingchuan held her hands down and said, "It can be considered as such. As I’ve said before, I will compensate you slowly.”