15

LTPC Chapter 15: Able to Visit the Set

Shi Xiang's "kindness" was full of hypocrisy and malice. His actions make Yi Ran anxious to avoid it, but yet she also felt as if she was unable to do anything, much less directly give him a round kick like she had wanted.

“Teacher Yi, I already spoke with Yao Juan. You also must consider your own future, understand?”

Yi Ran could only try to convince herself that this was probably the other person’s natural body language. Therefore, she tried to move sideways to avoid his hand, but who knew that his strength was not light. Even after several attempts, she was not successful.

Her heart became more and more anxious, and even Shi Xiang’s words could not penetrate her fog. What was the overall situation? Wasn’t it just that she won’t dare to offend the dignitary, fearing that she will get into trouble? 

Yi Ran’s mind was in a mess, and she strongly felt that she will completely flip out and beat him up. At this moment, she suddenly heard a distant voice said, “Teacher Yi.”

She hesitated briefly, and she and Shi Xiang both turned to look at the end of the corridor. 

The warm sun washed over one side of the man’s body and his features gave off a deep sense of perceptiveness. This mixture of light and shadow added a glimmer of incorporeal brilliance, turning the face into something altogether unforgettable.

As he approached, he purposely slowed down his steps. Yi Ran stared blankly at him and forgot to respond. Shi Xiang finally released his claws from her back. 

"Hello, Teacher Yi. I’m looking for Teacher Yao Juan to talk about my nephew,” Gu Tingchuan said concisely, his attitude towards her most appropriate. 

Yi Ran also pretended not to be familiar with him. “Director Gu, we’re honored by your presence. Oh, yes, this is my school principal Shi Xiang." 

Gu Tingchuan turned to face this middle-aged man who was shorter than him and gave a faint nod. His gaze was indifferent, but the corners of his mouth were faintly raised. He suddenly said, "Teacher Yi has won the favor of the principal. Ordinarily, one must also take care not to get too close for fear a boyfriend might get jealous.”

At this, Shi Xiang’s face paled. 

Gu Tingchuan’s once indifferent gaze was now cold, and his stern expression was dark. 

Yi Ran was dumbfounded and clearly felt that this man’s words had a hidden meaning. 

However, Gu Tingchuan did not explain more, and went straight to the point. "Teacher Yi Ran is very responsible and has a high quality standard of teaching. She is one of my favorite teachers. Thanks to the principal of the school." 

When he said the last sentence, there was an obvious pause, as if he was reluctant to say the words. 

Yi Ran was a little nervous and perked up her ears to listen to his chilling words. Gu Tingchuan’s face was unreadable, but he clearly did not put the bureaucrat in his eyes.

Although Shi Xiang had never met him, he knew that Mr. Gu was a young and promising film master, and he also knew that the Gu family’s reputation was not inferior to that of Hao Ziyue’s family.