Chapter Two !

Lamar's dad in the MM!

Lamar POV :

The next morning I woke up to the piercing sound of my phone alarm ringing in my ear from underneath my pillow. "Ugh" I groaned as I quickly turned it off then checked for the time hoping I had a little more time to sleep. Wrong. It was 6:15am and I had to be in school for 8am. Time to get up I thought as dragged my tired body towards the direction of the bathroom hopping this day would quickly go away. It wasn't that I didn't like school, back home in New York I loved school, between me, my best friend Mia we practically ran the whole school. Everybody wanted to either be us or be around us, but of course with that sort of popularity also came the haters. And being the 'new kid' in L.A I could smell the haters already.
After being in the shower for about half hour I decided to get out and get ready for the day ahead of me.
"Lamar! I hope you're up already!" my dad practically screamed while beating on my bedroom door. It was way too early for this.

"Yo dad seriously we need to work on you using your inside voice. This shouting isn't cutting it" I complained while swinging the door open letting him know I was up.

"Shh I'll shout as loud as I want little boy, now hurry up and get ready its 7:15 and I need to be in work for 8:30 so come on! No stalling Lamar" he warned while walking back down the stairs towards his room .

I quickly shut the door and walked towards my closet revealing all the 'New York' type clothes I had. I sighed a heavy sigh this was not going to work, I needed to go shopping ASAP with L.A being hotter than hell all the god damn time all these sweaters n-shit I had, needs to go. After standing inside my closet for sometime searching for something suitable to wear. I finally settled on some light blue denim joggers , a white short sleeved shirt that says 'Tropcal', my Michael Kors Watch and my sport blue 6's . Simple but cute, as for my hair I fixed my mohawk back to normal state . To be honest I wasn't trying to impress anyone, so the way it looked would do just fine. Sprayed myself with my Ralph Lauren Cologne picked up my canvis school bag that sat in the middle of my bed already packed from last night. Snatched my phone and money up off of my side draw and darted down the stairs heading towards the kitchen. When I got there I saw my dad sitting at the breakfast table suited and ready, phone in the crook of his neck while he finished up the bowl of cereal he'd been eating. Still hungry as fuck from yesterday I opened the cupboard and grabbed a cinnamon pop tart as I waited for my dad to finish up his conversation.

"Ok I'll be sure to have Raquel get onto that as soon as I get up to the office.....yep...that's fine....ok bye" my dad said as he hanged up the phone and put his empty bowl into the sink.

"So mar mar , you ready for your 1st day at school" my dad asked with a slight grin on his face
I seriously wished he would stop calling me mar mar as if I'm 5 years old.

"Yessir bring on them haters dad, bring them on" I mumbled while biting into my pop tart, trying to keep our conversation to a bare minimal.

"Yeah well as long as you don't bring home anymore suspensions for fighting I don't care what you do."

"But come on, let's go otherwise imma be late" he continued of while walking out the kitchen heading towards the front door with me trailing behind.

. . . . . . . . .

As we pulled up to my new school 'Calabasas high' I could tell already this was going to be a long ass day. Everybody here looked so superficial. Girls in their 4 inch heels and the shortest skirts possible. I mean who really wears heels to school? I thought laughing at this one girl who walked past the car almost tripping over her own foot. Stupid. Then there were the boys with their snapbacks and J's you know the typical 'L.A' boy. I knew for sure I definitely wasn't in New York anymore when I saw one girl who literally looked like she stepped out off a Victoria Secret photo-shoot. Her long wavy black hair hung loosely down her back with a neat partnering down the middle to frame her face Make up looked flawless. She looked like a mini version of Kim kardashian just with a smaller frame and just by the way all the boys stared at her as she walked by I could tell she was probably 'That girl' you know like the ones often shown in movies.