Chapter 16 - Author's Warning

LunaStar couldn't hear anything over the ringing in her ears. This had happened before when... when... LunaStar couldn't think straight.
She screamed, clawing at her ears. If her hook cut off one of her ears made no difference to her.
LunaStar fell to the ground and it seemed like someone came to scoop her back up. The ringing lessened a bit as she heard a very faint - almost soothing - murmuring voice.
"Luna! CAN YOU HEAR ME? LUNA?!" a voice screamed in LunaStar's head, making her scream again with the pain.
"I CAN HEAR YOU!" LunaStar screamed in response. "I'M HERE!"
"You need to calm down!" The voice commanded. "You're experiencing something you should not! And I'm not sure how."
LunaStar found herself yearning to hear the murmuring of the voice before. Her ears somehow found it and she focused her attention on it. Very slowly, yet surely, the ringing dissolved.
LunaStar made a small noise as the ringing was almost gone. It sounded like a gasp of pain mixed with a grunt. Her vision cleared and she saw someone over her. It took a little bit for her facial recognition system to recognize Ghost.
"Hey," he greeted the shaking LunaStar.
LunaStar couldn't say anything. She looked around. The last thing she remembered was opening the door to the room next to her and then the ringing hit her.
But why did that happen?
Then the black cat animatronic then spotted Misty. She barely recognized the fox aninatronic. LunaStar recalled the fight. The state LunaStar had left them both in.
Ghost helped LunaStar up to the best of his ability. Still shaky, LunaStar stood.
Augh, Misty thought. What happened? This was worse then before!
Worse then before? What did Misty mean? LunaStar stared at Misty. Ally must have replaced Misty's missing parts that LunaStar had torn off. The once dark gray-and-blue fox now had a yellow leg, red arm, a light gray eye, and a cyan ear. There were still deep gashes where LunaStar had cut the fox animatronic.
Hello, Misty, LunaStar greeted the fox animatronic silently.
Misty was staring at LunaStar, visibly angry, then confused. "Hello," Misty greeted the black cat animatronic.
"Hi," LunaStar echoed.
But you just said hello! Misty complained in her head. I was answering.
What? LunaStar wondered, surprised. You can hear my thoughts?
"You're talking to me.... but you aren't moving your mouth," Misty observed.
LunaStar couldn't help but roll her eyes. She wanted to test something. For how long have you been able to hear other animatronics' thoughts? LunaStar asked Misty in her head.
But Misty just looked back at LunaStar, not answering.
"Luna," the Author's Spirit cautioned, "I know what you're trying to do. I reccomend not doing that."
Hang on. I just want to test this, LunaStar thought. She tried again. Where--
"No!" The Author's Spirit roared, making LunaStar's ears ring slightly. "You can't do this! She's not supposed to--"
Not supposed to what? Misty wondered.
LunaStar actually jumped back. Now the victim could hear the Author's Spirit? LunaStar suddenly regretted testing her theory of how much Misty could hear of LunaStar's thoughts.
"Now, now, Madison," the Author's Spirit soothed the fox aninatronic.
You sound like--! Misty started, then cut herself off. A pause. Ohhhh. Another long pause. Yeah, that makes sense.
LunaStar strained to hear what the Author's Spirit was saying. What did the Author's Spirit sound like?
Misty turned to Ally, who was now looking confused. LunaStar felt the intense gaze Ally was giving her.
"Ally?" Misty asked.
Ally didn't look away. LunaStar just stared back. "Yes, Misty?"
"Remember the person standing next to LunaStar?" Misty questioned.
Ally looked at Ghost with her blue eyes. The ghost of Ally didn't say anything for a while. "Yes," she answered softly.
"Who is he?" Misty asked.
What's with all the questions? LunaStar wondered.
"Th-that's... someone I used to know," Ally observed, answering vaguely.
"Who?" Misty pressed.
Ally paused, hesitant. LunaStar had to force herself not to bark at Ally to answer. "That's... No, it can't be." Ally walked over to where Ghost was standing. "Jack?" Ally asked.
LunaStar felt Ghost flinch. I could never forget that face, he thought. But I don't love her anymore.
He didn't say anything out loud.
He loves me, LunaStar remembered. Wait... Jack loves me?
Why? LunaStar remembered killing Jack with a cloth socked in chloroform.
"Jack?" Ally repeated.
"I go by Ghost, Ga-- I mean Ally," Ghost murmured.
"He's breaking the cycle!"
LunaStar nor Misty heard what the Author was trying to tell them.
"Don't let this cycle break! I won't loose this one, too!"
"Okay, Gh-Ghost," Ally cautiously corrected herself. She sighed softly. Ally walked slowly over to Ghost. You've gone through so much, Ally thought. LunaStar was surprised to hear this. Ally "kind of" hated Jack. "I need to see you."
LunaStar was suddenly overthrown by a wave of sudden fear. She felt her animatronic body tense.
"Ally. No."
LunaStar felt she was loosing control of herself. Her vision darkening. "Gh-Ghost, I--" LunaStar cut herself off. "Al-- Gho-- No--!" Why couldn't she speak?! "P... pain. No."
Misty popped into view, giving LunaStar a very confused look. But then she, too, was wincing with pain.
Ringing. Pain all over LunaStar's body. Pain. Then LunaStar fell to the floor, shaking, unable to scream. She felt herself being pushed into her own mind.
"Madison!" Ally screamed at the same time Ghost called out LunaStar's name.
LunaStar was no longer in control.

Misty was no longer in control.

"He BrOkE tHe CyClE!"
That was when LunaStar heard the Author. Broke the cycle? LunaStar asked the Author's Spirit, panicking.
"Ally." The black cat animatronic got up. "Ghost." A pause. LunaStar smiled. "Remember me?"